Muzzleloader hunting just got harder for me because.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
The view from my new bedroom window has a nice view of elk, bison, caribou and many other cervids. I looked out the other day and saw an albino reindeer or possibly another species. The antlers were still in velvet. We don't have a season for any of them and i could not shoot these anyway. They are all privately owned and not by a game park.

Man is it hard to look at one through a spotting scope and not reach for the rifle. :D

Im still moving stuff but it should all be done before the end of June. There are still a few more things to get done before im all moved.

I now have a nice work shop (in house) and separate reloading bench area. The room that once stored coal will be my powder storage room. It even has a "root cellar" as grandma used to call them.

But i still cant shoot from my back deck. Im still within city limits........Its pure torture i tell you when i look at the 100yd deep back yard. :D

Sounds like you almost found paradise. Although just watching the animals would be of great comfort and joy to me.

I remember when I retired and then purchased the place I now live as a weekend get a way spot. I then found I wanted to be there more then in the city and next thing I know, I moved. I have loved living in the country, but it too has drawbacks.

Good luck in your new place. It sure sounds nice.

I enjoy just watching them too. Shooting a pen raised tame deer or elk would bring be me no satisfaction no matter how good it tasted. I would rather feed them a carrot or apple and enjoy the moment.

The new home is one step closer to perfection and i will be MUCH closer to my dad. He wants to get more active in outdoor activities including shooting and fishing. He does not care for hunting but has no problem with those of us that enjoy hunting. He got a real kick out of all the different MLs i own and cant wait to shoot them. He has one but has never shot it. They all got their own hidden safe room now too.

The next couple months will be hectic. We have a couple rooms FULLl of stuff to sort, sell or give to GoodWill. Deciding what stays and goes will be hard. Some if it is Waterford lead crystal and antiques that just dont fit the "man cave". There must be over $20k in stuff and some has sentimental value too. Nearly every piece of furniture in the house is antique and/or collectable. My entire bedroom is all antique furniture and lamps except the mattress. The frame is a very old rope bed that has been redone.

I had the new fridge delivered and the old one taken down stairs instead of hauled away. It worked fine, just wanted a new one in SS with a big bottom freezer. Now i wont be short on room if im lucky this deer season.

GM54-120 said:
But i still cant shoot from my back deck. Im still within city limits........Its pure torture i tell you when i look at the 100yd deep back yard. :D

That used to be a law in the cities down here in FL until a federal law (or was it a court ruling) trumped it a few years ago. Somehow it was determined to be a violation of the 2nd amendment for municipalities to place restrictions on firearm usage beyond what was done at the federal level. There were several laws that were changed or done away with. I can now fire away in my suburban neighborhood backyard (I'm still responsible for where the bullet ends up).

I'm not sure where you're located but it's something worth checking into as it wasn't very widely advertised

james 14 said:
GM54-120 said:

That used to be a law in the cities down here in FL until a federal law (or was it a court ruling) trumped it a few years ago. Somehow it was determined to be a violation of the 2nd amendment for municipalities to place restrictions on firearm usage beyond what was done at the federal level. There were several laws that were changed or done away with. I can now fire away in my suburban neighborhood backyard (I'm still responsible for where the bullet ends up).

I'm not sure where you're located but it's something worth checking into as it wasn't very widely advertised

That's interesting. Almost all cities and municipalities I know of, have laws pertaining to the discharge of weapons (many include the shooting of bow and arrow) inside the city limits. This is done of course for reasons of public safety. But due to your comment I went and was reading the Florida version of firearm discharge in city limits. Wow is that confusing. On one had they talk about State Laws forbidding it, and then on the other hand they talk about Federal Laws preceding it, but no municipal ordinances. I would sure ask the local law enforcement their views on this, or an attorney before I go in the back yard and start blasting. Besides the firearm part, (being an ex police officer) there is disturbing the peach laws, and danger to public safety laws as well. But that was an interesting read.

Want to swap houses? :)

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back