Bedding a CVA Optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoda4x4

Reaction score
I don't know why exactly, but I'm toying with the idea of trying to improve the accuracy of my CVA Optima by getting it bedded. Has anyone else done this? And what were your results?

David

If I knew how, I might try bedding a rifle. I tried one a long time ago and ended up chopping much of it out with a dremel tool. I just don't have the skills I guess. But I can't see how bedding a rifle PROPERLY could harm the accuracy. And I do suspect it would help.

I took mine and sanded the barrel channel and put three washer inside the forearm were the bolt holds the forearm and it flooting every were but were the bolt goes. it is shooting will that way.

a1smokepole said:
I took mine and sanded the barrel channel and put three washer inside the forearm were the bolt holds the forearm and it flooting every were but were the bolt goes. it is shooting will that way.
What kind of improvement did it make? What was your group size before and after?

David

Back