Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried the stuff and I am now a believer. Last Saturday I cleaned my MK-95 and treated the bore with Montana Extreme BC. I shot Sunday and followed my normal routine of a couple dry patches and back into the safe. No time to clean usually do it on Tuesday or Wednesday however it rained. The wife does not like the smell of Hoppes #9, so I cleaned it today. Normally I'm running two dry patches both sides followed by a Hoppes patch both sides and then more dry patch until the dry ones come out clean. This cycle goes on for two sometime three Hoppes patches. Today however I proceeded to use one dry patch followed by a Hoppes patch then another dry patch and boom clean re-treat with Montana and done.

Disclaimer: Leaving a barrel fouled with BH209 fouling for an extended period of time will result in rust formation. My process has proven to be effective for me and all of my barrels are stainless. Guns and dry patched to remove the bulk of fouling and kept in a moisture controlled safe for no more than a week.

Try using hoppe's #9 Elite Gun Cleaner, there is no odor and they say it cleans down to the pores of the metal.

Sabotloader turned me onto Montana X-treme and I love it too. Great stuff.

I've used Montana conditioner for years. It works well. If you really want to clean your barrels use Iosso bore cleaner.

Take that rifle back out of the safe and try Iosso. Your first patch will be dirtier than your first patch when you used Hoppes and you are starting with a barrel you thought was clean enough to store. It is non abrasive unlike JB bore paste. I've never seen a better bore cleaner.

I use the Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner in all my rifles now. It really impressed me in the Knight KRB. The more I used it the better that bore cleaned up. :yeah:

Back