convert Knight LK-11 to 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a hunting buddy with a knight LK-11 that wants to convert it to 209 primers?
Can this be done and what parts does he need?
It has a musket cap nipple in it now.

I really think Knight would be able to tell you. And I do believe I saw a conversion kit on their site to change it over to the 209 ignition system. I will add, I have three LK rifles. All of them use the #11 ignition system and I would never change them from it. But some feel the need for that large spark.

I agree for the that Knight I prefer the #11 or musket cap, they are 100 percent reliable, plus the kit is around 80.00 at least 1/2 the value of a older LK-93..

It can be done by swapping the hammer and bp, but imo there is really no advantage. The #11 system in the knight plunger guns is about as good as it gets. If anything, I'd swap the musket cap nipple for a #11 knight red hot nipple and use RWS #11 caps.

WV Hunter said:
It can be done by swapping the hammer and bp, but imo there is really no advantage. The #11 system in the knight plunger guns is about as good as it gets. If anything, I'd swap the musket cap nipple for a #11 knight red hot nipple and use RWS #11 caps.

Not that it matters - but I agree + it is safer

I've got 3 LK's and two of them have 209 conversions and the other is #11. I like all 3, but actually like shooting the #11 gun the most.

I had a 209 conversion for my MK85. But the plunger length on my LK-II is shorter so unless Knight makes the conversion kits in more than one length, I don't think the LK-II can be converted.

That said, I was able to shoot BH209 successfully out of the LK-II with the #11 caps. I used about 8 grains (by weight) of Triple 7 3F which just filled the flash channel of the Knight breech plug. Then I put 50 grains of BH209 by volume on top of that and loaded the sabot on top of that. This is the load I use for my grandson and it fires every time. Low recoil and no smoke - love it.

Latest posts

Back