Hunterbolt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquastang

Reaction score
My son-in-law decided to get into muzzleloading this year and picked up a CVA Hunterbolt for a really good price. We did some bullet testing with 90 gr. T7and settled on Barnes 250 Expanders. Then it was time to work on load. 90 gr. of T7 was ok, but we felt it could group better. We set off to the range Sunday with some tubes of 80 and 100 gr. to try.

So, the top 3 shots are what my son-in-law shot with 100 gr. T7, 250 Expanders, W209 primers. Not too bad. 1.25" center to center. Should hunt fine.

The bottom 3 shots (2 pretty much in the hole on the left) are shots I took with my super disc. 100 gr. T7, 180 gr. .40 xtp, mmp sabot, W209. Operator error can account for the 3rd shot to the right...a little over excited with first two shots I guess.

Sorry about the picture. All I had handy was my cell phone.

hunterbolt.jpg

Yeah that will hunt for sure. As will your group. I know what you mean about operator error. Ive had two through the same hole countless times then just get to excited and screw up the 3rd. Its a good thing only the first matters with the deer.

very nice job. All you need is the deer to walk in front of you.

I had one of those rifles and it was a real good shooter - my first muzzleloader. Got it as a package with scope and accessories from Cabela's. It will serve you well.

Be blessed.

8)

With that shooting, all I can say is, LOOK OUT CRITTERS :!: :!: :!:

Ray............ :yeah:

Son-in-law just called. He wants to go to the range again. I think he's hooked! :D

Latest posts

Back