O ring fpr Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
Tried a search and could not find it. What size O ring is used in the Omega BP to seal the primer pocket. Where to buy them.

Myself, i use a metric o-ring 1mm thick with a 4.5mm ID under shotgun primers. McMaster-Carr is where i purchase them, the product # is 9262K611, and they cost $2.85 per 100. However, you should be forewarned that none of my Omega rifles would allow me to use the o-rings unless i made the primer pockets deeper with a 'flattened' letter C drill.

Folks that have CVA rifles are usually able to use these o-ring, without doing any modification to their breech plugs, because their rifles have a looser primer fit. It is my understanding that Western Powders furnishes these o-rings with their CVA Blackhorn breech plugs.

Are you getting blowback with your Omega? I have no issue with mine with hundreds of rounds fired.

you should be forewarned that none of my Omega rifles would allow me to use the o-rings

Thank you for this reminder, I remember you having to drill the primer pockets.

Latest posts

Back