Scope ring's an Bases

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesley396

Reaction score
If you were going to use Quick Detachable ring's an bases on your muzzleloader , what brand would they be Weaver ,Warne or Leupold and why?

I have a set of both Warne and Leupold, I prefer the Warne over the leupolds. Easier to use and also more universal since they are a weaver style cross slot design. You can use them on any weaver style base. Over all the cost is about the same, you will pay more for the Warne rings and ;ess for the bases. The leupolds will run you about even for the rings and bases.

I have ran the Leupold QRW rings since '07 on my Omega. Scope has been off and on countless times and they always return to zero. Very pleased.

wesley396 said:
If you were going to use Quick Detachable ring's an bases on your muzzleloader , what brand would they be Weaver ,Warne or Leupold and why?

If you were to use the Leupold QRW's they are basically the same thing as the Warne. In fact I believe the bases are exactly the same and the ring somewhat different...

Of the two, I use Warne. They are sold around here. And they were on sale one day so I picked up three sets of them.

The Leupold QR bases appear to be made by Warnes. They look the same to me. They are made just down the street from Leupold in Oregon. ;)

Leupold makes 2 different quick release systems. The QRW system uses a Weaver style rail, with QRW rings, that attatch and detatch themselves to the base/rail. The Leupold QR system uses a base that attaches, and detaches itself to Leupold QR rings. Two different systems, kind of the opposite from each other. I use both systems on different MZ's, and center fire rifles. I like both. I also have the Warne system on rifles, and like them also. Any one of these systems will serve you well.

Thanks for the info guys, I have been using the Leupold QR's on my muzzleloader, Knight long range hunter SS 50cal, Extreme Master hunter SS 50cal and Elite SS 45cal and a set of Knight QR rings on a Wolverine SS 50cal (with Weaver style bases).
On my Extreme SS 45cal an my other Wolverine blued 50cal I have been using the Standard (STD) mounts an rings . So far they have done me a good job an was just wondering how the compared to the others

Back