scope/rings for the workin man

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just recently picked up the Omega with scope. The scope seems to be decent and I did fine at the range, but I'm not sure if it will be reliable for long. As such, I'm thinking new bases/rings and scope may be in order. What is the best in terms of value and reliability? I don't need to get a leupold, but I don't want something that I have to worry about it not holding zero. Thank you

As for scopes, I have had great luck with Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32mm for accuracy and dependability and they are very cost effective.

Bases and rings are funny things. For instance when I first got an inline, a T/C Black Diamond XR I was not sure I even wanted it scoped. So I purchased a Wood's Trophy Scope mount and rings and a inexpensive 1.5-4.5x32mm Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn. I have put hundreds of rounds under that scope and mount and its never moved.

I would call Carlos at Ed;s Gun Shop 910-692-7936 & spend the money for a DNZ one piece mount. As for the scope he may have the best bang for your buck as well bt here are a few that I can recommend.

Bushnell Trophy XLT DOA250
Vortex Crossfire
Redfield Revenge sabot hunter

Latest posts

Back