Triple Seven

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a shortage of T7 powder? I have been looking at several walmarts in the state and haven't seen it in loose form to date, only pellets. I stocked up several years ago at the end of the season, but down to 4 lbs. now, will have to watch the supply if this keeps up.

I haven't been to any gun shops as of yet due to the higher prices. Just curious if youall are seeing this also??

Cabela's in Hamburg Pa had a fairly good supply of 777 and Pyrodex last weekend but ran out of Blackhorn. Gander Mountain in Chambersburg Pa had 777 too.

Our Wal Mart decided to limit ALL muzzle loading stuff. And they only had Pyrodex. And the price they wanted for it was hard to believe. Thank goodness there is a little sporting goods store that has a variety of powders. But being small, they have a much higher mark up to.

ever see those studies of how Wall-mart actually bring DOWN the local economy? when one moves in, they force out of business most of the competition, they hire only part timers so no benefits and all minimum wage. Ill usually pay a bit more, drive BY the big box stores and head for the mom and pop store. (mostly)

There's no shortages and specifically of BH209. Retailers just are not ordering it often enough and the wholesalers are not keep an inventory of it. "Just in Time" at its best. Western has a all the BH209 anyone could need, but if the wholesalers/distributors don't order and stock it, it becomes a shortage. Hodgdon is the same. No business today can afford a large inventory.

I've seen plenty of pyrodex, not going there anymore....very corrosive!! I'm not interested in paying hazmat fees either. I'm sure I can find it here, just need to look at the other options.

I have not seen 777 loose at Walmarts around here in a few years. Which is a bummer cause after the season is when I always stocked up when they put it on clearance.

ShawnT said:
Cabela's in Hamburg Pa had a fairly good supply of 777 and Pyrodex last weekend but ran out of Blackhorn. Gander Mountain in Chambersburg Pa had 777 too.

If that's the Gander Mtn about 15 minutes from Bass Pro in Harrisburg I don't think many people know it's there. It's a nice big store but was a ghost town when I was in there a while back. Lots of supplies on the shelves.

My local Wal Mart only has Pyrodex. It's probably the same Pyrodex they took off the shelves last January or Feb.

Omega45 said:
ShawnT said:

If that's the Gander Mtn about 15 minutes from Bass Pro in Harrisburg I don't think many people know it's there. It's a nice big store but was a ghost town when I was in there a while back. Lots of supplies on the shelves.

My local Wal Mart only has Pyrodex. It's probably the same Pyrodex they took off the shelves last January or Feb.
No this is the Gander that is on down I81 closer to the MD line, actually did not know there was one by Bass Pro either. The back of this Gander store is right on I81. Scotland exit. I don't go to the the Bass Pro in Harrisburg very often as it is off the Highway (I81) for me, but do go there once I a while. I am usually traveling through from NY to Ohio so plenty of Drive time ahead of me. Never miss stopping at Cabela's and GM at Chambersburg is a good Pitstop, quick looksee but don't buy much there.

As luck would have it our local Co-op sporting goods store had all muzzleloading items on sale thru today. I picked up 3 bottles of T73Fg for $26/ea. so good to go for awhile now. Guess the days of end of season deals for $9 and $15/ea. are over at wally world...

When I started shooting a pound of Pyrodex was $6.00 a pound. The other day at Wal Mar I checked it... $23.00 a pound. I guess I will just keep ordering and shooting black powder. I want to try some of the new powder out there but since I order in volume, I can't justify a large purchase of the stuff I want right now, as I have too much on hand.

Back