Neighborhood Stud

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These photo introduce you to this year's nicest. He can be found all over the neighborhood here, eating, resting, and wandering. He has been seen bedded by folks front porch, on the street, and in our backyard eating apples, leaves, and grass. Normally he is with his buddies, but non of them compare to this one. Should be real soon now, he will be found with the does. A real nice symmetrical four point with height, spread, and mass, he is.

P1040019.JPG

P1040017.JPG

PRMS0004.JPG

Yikes! That is amazing! I'm guessing by his age/size, he's pretty safe in that neighborhood.

JStanley said:
Yikes! That is amazing! I'm guessing by his age/size, he's pretty safe in that neighborhood.
He is safe from hunters in town. There doesn't seem to be as many lion in town since we started hunting them in the hills. Once a year police sharpshooters bait the deer around here, and cull a few; he made it through last year, and the year before, and the year before.. maybe he will make it through this winter's cull too. He should, the meat is donated to the food bank, and a doe would be better meat, plus the death of one doe reduces the herd by two. His biggest danger, i kinda think, is young drivers; they always seem to be moving plenty fast, and these deer regularly cross the streets to get to the other side.

No nuthin' is legal in town. Too dangerous for crossbow here; there are houses right there behind the trees. Well he came a visiting just now. Me thinks his neck has grown larger in just a couple of days. It appears i made him nervous taking his photo.

P1040026.JPG

P1040029.JPG

P1040030.JPG

halloflin said:
That looks like an old deer Ron. What would you guess his age is?
Well.. i guess i don't know much about antlers, and ages. Your guess is probably better than mine. He isn't one. He isn't two. He isn't three. Don't think he is four. Could be five. Seems to me he could be six.. older?

That's a great looking deer, one for the wall, and the rest on the grill :partyman:

The photo with his mouth open makes me think of the MC Hammer song and the deer saying "Can't touch this!"

If you know where he travels, at least get his sheds when they drop. Or dig a big pit in the yard.... :lol: :lol: that's a biggun for sure!!

Latest posts

Back