Inline handguns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitetail only, might need to note I am 5"11 235lbs, I work delivering high pressure gas cylinders which involves ALOT of forearm strength,(nineteen years), So my forearm strength is not in the norm. 300 gr with 80 gr Blackhorn is not a difficult load for me.

junkman said:
I'm thinking we are not a real big group. :think:

GM54-120 said:
I wish they made one in 45cal

junkman said:
Find an older .45 cal rifle and start cutting.

This is true. The .50 cal twist rate is the same as the rifles, the .45 cal should work as well?

I haven't kept up on the Optima rifles, did/do they have a .45 cal in those? I know they have .45's in the Accura and Apex models.

The only 45 they offer now is the Apex. A year or two ago they also offered a 45cal Accura. Several years ago they made a Optima in 45cal IIRC.

If i was going that route now, i would just get a Encore pistol in 45/70 and install a Hankins LRMP breach plug.

A short time ago I picked up a 45 G2 barrel with the intention of having it cut to 16 inches. Just haven't had the chance to do just that. I do have a 50 caliber Encore barrel that is 16 inches.

if all goes well that will be going with me to Florida for some hog hunting.

Knight Hawkeye .50 cal, 300 xtp .429 , green sabot, 80gr T-7ff, Burris Signature 3x9-32 pistol scope.

redpep said:
Knight Hawkeye .50 cal, 300 xtp .429 , green sabot, 80gr T-7ff, Burris Signature 3x9-32 pistol scope.

I can't see the picture.

been so long since I posted a picture I've forgot how. Busta pm your email I'll send it to you.

redpep said:
been so long since I posted a picture I've forgot how. Busta pm your email I'll send it to you.

Just messing with you Red. I've seen and handled a few over thhe years.

Those darn CVA are pretty tempting though, I handled one here a week ago at the new Cabela's in Grand Rapids, if the safe was so full I might a bit on one. I know Busta likes his and it shoots awesome.

redpep,

Sorry this took so long to post. I'm getting forgetful, and I just figured out which thread this was supposed to go in. I was sure it was in a thread on another site (MS), but I was wrong. I have already tried to post in this thread a few times earlier, and was not smart enough to copy my post, so it is forever lost in cyberspace. So this one is short..

Here are redpep's Knight Hawkeye's. Nice looking hand cannons!

KnightHawkeyes_zpsbeee53ad.jpg

This is how my whole week has been going. But at least I'm still kicking.......

SquirrelNuts_zps475a4b69.jpg

toytruck said:
They just became legal here in VA as of July 1st this year, at least 45 cal. but 50 is recommended by DGIF. I don't own one but that may change... :yeah:
I musta been seeing in my future when I said that...I have a CVA Optima V2 pistol heading my way next week. Will post more when she arrives...

Optima V2 .50 cal pistol arrived today. This is my first CVA inline. I have wanted a muzzy handgun to play with, but up till last July they weren't legal to hunt with in VA. The gun is in like new condition, well taken care of with T7 only in her, shot very little. I got it for $150 shipped too!! Will put a Bushnell XLT handgun scope on her tomorrow. Wish ole man winter would get on home, I feel the need to burn some powder!! :partyman:

I got a CVA optima V2 pistol last year and put a Nikon red dot on it. Load ended up being 80 grains 777 ffg , 250 shockwave (with supplied sabot) , and 777 209 primer. Very accurate out to 100 yards. Have only taken a doe with it so far.

Good!! That load was what I was hoping for, just hope mine likes the same. I have some 300 XTP's and 300 Sabortooth's left over from the Encore so will try them first, still have plenty of 209's too. I ordered a holster that was made for the TC Contender handguns, all the reviews are good and many say it fits this gun perfect with the scope.

Found out I don't really like a red dot scope, got one on my Windham AR, will work for defense, but not for hunting for me anyway.

Latest posts

Back