Inline handguns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junkman

Reaction score
I know that there are a few of us here with inline handguns.So how many of us are planing on using them this deer season?

They just became legal here in VA as of July 1st this year, at least 45 cal. but 50 is recommended by DGIF. I don't own one but that may change... :yeah:

While I do hunt with a handgun it just happens to be a Ruger SBHH 44 Mag I have been eyeing the CVA Optima Handgun. I am thinking that I might just have to put it on the Christmas list this year and maybe it will show up under the tree :D

I will be one, for sure!

170.jpg

185.jpg

100_0333.jpg

The last time I checked they still weren't legal in Colorado. Just in case anybody was thinking about it.

That can change though. So, check.

toytruck said:
How accurate are conicals in your gun Busta?

The only conical I have shot in it is the Hornady FPB 350 grain. IIRC they were around 1.5"-2" @ 50 yards. The 200 grain Shockwaves over 80 grains of Blackhorn 209 by VOLUME will go into one ragged hole @ 50 yards off the bench/bags.

Busta does that pistol shoot 209 primer or 11 caps ?[/quote]

209 primers. I use NSI (Nobel Sport) European primers. They are a little larger diameter than other primers, but fit real well in the CVA Blackhorn QRBP.

I'm really curious if dbowling is going to give his homemade handgun a try this season.

Sorry for the late reply internet has been down for 8 days, yes Im going to be using my Black Diamond inline pistol most of the season, zeroed in at 60 yds 1.5 in. high w/300 gr. xtps and 90 gr. pyro RS...shooting very good with this load... my internet will be down for 4-5 more days at work now so may not be able to reply again for awhile.

My CVA V1 is grouping @ 100yds a 1" l-r and 2 in up down, using Blackhorn 90 grain, 300 grain Hornady sst, and black 3 petal sabot. Unsure why the verticle stringing is happening, but will sure take a buck with those results!

lptroll said:
My CVA V1 is grouping @ 100yds a 1" l-r and 2 in up down, using Blackhorn 90 grain, 300 grain Hornady sst, and black 3 petal sabot. Unsure why the verticle stringing is happening, but will sure take a buck with those results!

CVA V1 pistol or rifle?

halloflin said:
lptroll said:

CVA V1 pistol or rifle?

Hell of a load if it's a pistol.

Muley Hunter said:
halloflin said:
lptroll said:

CVA V1 pistol or rifle?

That's waht I was thinking. I wouldn't want to be holding onto a pistol loaded that heavy.

one more note, using cc primer blue gray box, adjusted headspace to fit with no blowback.

Muley Hunter said:
halloflin said:
lptroll said:

CVA V1 pistol or rifle?

They'll handle 100 grain by volume loads, if you're man enough.

Limp wrists need not apply. I stopped at 80 grains of Blackhorn 209 when I was working up loads and all the bullets went in thhe same hole. Didn't see any need to go further

Latest posts

Back