Optima V2 Sight in issue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a new Optima V2 with a Vortex Diamondback on it. I have been shooting BH209 with the CVA BH plug so no firing issues. What I do have an issue with is when you fire a group without touching the scope it will hit vertically within an inch but spread them horizontally over 4-5 inches. It has done this with 3 different bullet/sabot combos and 100gr and 110gr load. I have even took the scope and mounts off and completely remounted everything and it does the same thing. You might get 2 to touch then the 3rd be 4 inches straight beside them one way or the other! Anyone have any idea what would cause this? Can a scope go bad and only throw bullets left/right? This thing is driving me crazy!

I'd try another scope if you have one. Maybe even the open sights if you have those.

I would agree, Try another scope and if the problem goes away contact Vortex for a replacement. They have top notch customer service.

I sent the scope back and Vortex received it Friday Nov.24. I called today and was told the scope had a loose ring of some sort inside that caused a bad parallax issue was why my shots only drifted left and right. They had already repaired it, cleaned it up and shipped it back out to me today Tuesday Nov. 28. and I should have it by Friday. Its hard to beat a 1 week turn around including the shipping!

Back