T/C omega help needed please

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOZMAN4907

Reaction score
I was given a Omega SS fluted 50 cal the other day. The owner lost interest in the gun. He gave me a bottle of Goex 2f bP. a box of Hornady xpt 44 cal, 200 grain bullets and T/C green sabot cups. The rifle has a Nikon Omega BDC 3x9 scope. He did not have any load data. This was a gift but I forced his to take some cash (cause I knew he can use it).

OK so I am kinda of newbie. I have owned BP inlines before but I never really played with the real BP. I just dropped two pellets and seated a sabot. Can some one help me with loads for this rifle. I don't want to use pellets since I have a bottle of real BP. :?: :?: PS I know I am a lucky duck this rifle is minty! :shock: :p

80-100gr should get the light bullet moving pretty good. You'll get a lot of fouling compared to the sub powders, so make sure you can get the bullet loaded when it's fouled. You'll have to swab more often.

You may want to go to the Thompson Center webpage and download the free Omega manual. It is listed down the bottom of the home page under MANUALS. It has loading data for BP and other powders as well as different bullet weights.

My Omega likes around 100-110 gr of Swiss 2f bp with that particular bullet. Very accurate.

Back