CVA Wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ep427

Reaction score
Anyone that has a wolf how accurate is it? I'm thinking of getting one of the stainless ones but want to make sure it will shoot first. Is there much difference between the Wolf and Optima?

I have an Optima in stainless and it is an excellent shooter. I was going to get the Wolf but at the time for just a few extra bucks I could move to the Optima so I did. All I can tell you is I once helps sight a Wolf in, and it did great. Also all the reports I have read on the Wolf generally state it is an accurate shooter and a good rifle. I really like my Optima.

Surprisingly, the Wolf is just as accurate as any other model CVA. I've owned the Wolf, Optima, V2, and MR. They all shot the same.

My Nephew has one of the older Wolfs. He shoots 2 777 Pellets, Harvester Black Crushrib sabot, .452 Hornady XTP, and Fed209A primer. It really shoots well with 100 yard groups in the 1 1/2" range. He has taken several Deer with it from 50 to 175 yards. He really like the rifle.

I just purchased a CVA Wolf after doing a lot of research, and am excited to get out and shoot it.

I have had one for years and love it. I have never had a shot over 100 yds but wouldn't hesitate to take one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back