7 pointer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwbaker

Reaction score
I shot a 7 pointer today at 9am with my encore blackhorn powder 300sst bullet. :D

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 1,150
:applause: :applause:

CONGRATS buddy. Now enjoy the meat :yeah:

Ray..................... 8)

Congratulations!

He looks like a healthy one. How much did he weigh? How many grains of powder? I've shot deer with all the SST/Shockwaves saboted (200, 250, 300), and the 300 was the first. Never had a problem with any of them.

Busta said:
Congratulations!

He looks like a healthy one. How much did he weigh? How many grains of powder? I've shot deer with all the SST/Shockwaves saboted (200, 250, 300), and the 300 was the first. Never had a problem with any of them.

Thanks guy not sure about the weigh DNR said he was 3.5 . 100 grains of bh209 he busted out of the corn field about 30 yards facing me . I was in the tree stand he just fell over . :D I saw 7 deer on nov 15 but no horns . My brother and I both got bucks this year were happy cause we don't shoot doe unless there a cow.

rwbaker said:
Busta said:
Congratulations!

Thanks guy not sure about the weigh DNR said he was 3.5 . 100 grains of bh209 he busted out of the corn field about 30 yards facing me . I was in the tree stand he just fell over . :D I saw 7 deer on nov 15 but no horns . My brother and I both got bucks this year were happy cause we don't shoot doe unless there a cow.

I'd say the DNR is right. His body is filled out well like a mature buck, and those creases at the base of the ears are a telltale sign that he is 3-1/2.

Yeah that frontal shot will usually drop them like a sack of taters! That has been my experience with the SST's, if they aren't DRT, dropped in sight, they are DOA at the end of a short blood trail.

Oh I'm still looking for my cow, but absolutely hate the general firearms season. I've passed on 5 bucks already over the weekend. Still have a lot of standing corn on the farm, so we know where most of the big boys are, at least until after dark. With the snow coming, or a hot doe passes by them, it might get them on their feet during daylight hours? The rows are too narrow to hunt the corn fields these days.

Awesome man great work

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back