CVA OPTIMA V-2 PISTOL(PICTURES ADDED)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got a new V-2 pistol delivered by the big brown truck today, if anyone has one have you had trouble with the grip cutting into your finger at the top by the trigger gurard...right where the 2 little ears or tabs are, if I grip it where its comfortable it feels like it wants to actually cut my finer...would cutting the little tabs back and smoothing them out void the warranty on the pistol, hate to send it back for a simple fix..
1st pic is the tab thats cutting into my finger, its more like a ear.. the scope is a Bushnell Elite 2x6x32..

Attachments

• IMG_1756.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 907
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_1757.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 904
Re: CVA OPTIMA V-2 PISTOL

Of the three options you have. I'd choose to smooth it out if it was mine.

I filed the sharp edges down on the tabs last night, it helped some but the edges are so thin that they still dig into my finger...I put a insulated camo glove on and it feels fine like that so may just shoot it with glove, now if my scope shows up today Ill try it out tomorrow and maybe hunt with it this weekend..

No problem like that with my V1. I did notice they had to redesign the grip for the V2 breeching lever.

not a big fan of the grip on this V-2, my buddy who is 6`8 and has hands 1.5 times bigger then mine says his doesnt bother him, when I held his in the firing position it didnt bother me either..
Has anyone come out with a soft rubber like pachmayer grip for them yet?

Trade your buddy :D

I don't know what to tell you on that. Have you called CVA about it?
Nothing worse than something that is uncomfortable.

First off let me say, that is a beautiful weapon. I like the looks, and the lines. But if that thing were causing me pain when I shot it or anything else... contact CVA. Tell them about it. You might be a real help to the company in future designs, and if anyone can fix or help you with it, they can.

I can't wait for the range reports. So to open the breech, you push that lever forward or do you pull it back? See on my optima, there is a button in the front of trigger guard that I pull back on. I like that set up. Its easy to find and out of the way.

My optima is supposed to be delivered today......I'll be checking that area out. Next step will be to choose an affordable scope that will hold zero.

To open you just pull it back toward you... I went ahead and sand all the sharp edges down on the grip/finger grooves and colored it back in with black permanent marker, cannot hardly tell it was done mow other then flat spots on the grip where I sanded the points off..its very comfortable now, went and bought a bunch of 200 gr., 250gr. shockwaves and some 240 gr. xtp`s, going to zero it in tomorrow and see what it likes..

Well.....mine arrived today too. Those edges do look to be a problem. The movement of the trigger guard release looks as those there is plenty of clearance to have more plastic moulded in that area. As it is I'll probably ease the edges a bit. Other than that it looks great and I'm sure it will be a blast to shoot. I'll be at the range tomorrow shooting with open sights.

stringtalker said:
I want one of those pistols, but i want it in 357 magnum, nice pistol for sure

I think you are looking for a Scout?

Doesn't bother me on mine, but looking at mine it doesn't seen as pronounced

Even after sanding the ears on the grip they still dug into my fingers so I took my dremel and took the lobe off the ears, its now fairly flat with a slight curve to them, no more pain and alot more comfortable.

Back