Pedersoli brutus .50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is the twist on the Brutus? Where I live we are limited on the length of the bullet. It can not exceed twice the bore diameter.
I am limited to under 500 gr. That does not change the fact I really like the looks of that 600 gr.
I bet that packs a wallop.

stevenm2 said:
what is the twist on the Brutus? Where I live we are limited on the length of the bullet. It can not exceed twice the bore diameter.
I am limited to under 500 gr. That does not change the fact I really like the looks of that 600 gr.
I bet that packs a wallop.

Steve,

Those rifles have a 1:24 twist rate.

It was nice to see that Colorado finally done away with that bullet length limited to no more than 2x bore diameter.

Good shooting Saltner! What will you be hunting? Boars?

Congrats on the Mouflon That is a beautiful rifle and nice bullets as well. I asked about the rifling because most of the Hawkins type rifles are 1-48" My T/C Hawkin will not stabilize a longer bullet.
I am leaving for an elk trip on the 19th we should do okay as it an Ag. Cow tag. I am hoping my 490 gr. trashcans do the trick. I have similar accuracy with my MK-85 with peeps I love those guns.
I was amused yesterday as I got a new guy into Muzzleloaders and we shot it a short time ago. We went back to the house and I showed him how to clean it.
He went out on his own and the gun failed to fire for the first 5 caps. He was all freaked out. I asked him if he ran a few caps through it. he said no. I asked him if he ran a dry patch down first... "No Now he wants to leave the gun dirty until we get there.
I said no.clean the gun" "If you don't want to clean it Don't shoot it"
He will come around after a little more experience He still has to have a bullet in the barrel with no powder trick to learn first.

This is going to be a fun trip

I confirm that this combination is miraculous :prayer: 4 shots in the same hole, the first at the top was the shot that had loaded the morning for hunting and i shot after 7 hours.
20151010_190734_zpsee4pkc8t.jpg

And even 300 grains behave well 8)
20151010_190640_zps4kbzpbii.jpg

A video that unfortunately does not make the idea
[youtube]GXjj9wRxjVA[/youtube]
Considering that the bullets are a bit 'expensive, I ordered this mold by the company Accurate, what do you think?
45-255S.png

45-255S-D.png

Here is the wonderful company Accurate mold.
He had to give 255 grain bullets but with pure lead are 274 grains :think:
Tested at 110 yards i did groups by 0.7 inch
357k29d.jpg

29ojwhx.jpg

xndy88.jpg

Predicting a bullet's performance is more art than science, but I'll guess that lighter weight lead slug will not perform as well as the plated bullets. Hope I'm wrong - show us. :)

Another interesting result with Hornady XPT, which apparently are better of XPT MAG
w7mn9x.jpg

Today I had fun, I did very noisy experiments.
You already know the weapon and the results obtained with the sabot, .452 bullets weighing from 250 to 300 gn. The 250 thrusts with 90 gn Swiss 3F and 300 with 80 gn.
What I invented today?
Pushing the mammoth 600 FP with 80 gn Swiss 3F
The fear of recoil with the weapon of only 3.6 kg was justified, the boom similar to a quarry mine, the fireball to sprint and smoking, have frightened the shooters next.
I had never experienced a similar feeling, I can not find a comparison of the noise and recoil to another weapon.
Paradoxically fairly accurate as well.
2lve80i.jpg

nn8ols.jpg

80 grn load under a 600 grn bullet is a very strong load. No wonder it kicked and threw fire :D Norma 200 is a hot powder for .22-.30 caliber, and smokeless. Is that Brutus rated for smokeless powder?

Squeeze said:
80 grn load under a 600 grn bullet is a very strong load. No wonder it kicked and threw fire :D Norma 200 is a hot powder for .22-.30 caliber, and smokeless. Is that Brutus rated for smokeless powder?

It is not homologated for the smokeless powder, that's why I had to remove the post.
Sorry for having posted the dangerous load data.

I bought the .452 Hornady FTX 200 grains, though with 300 loading 80 gn Swiss 3F and with 250 90 gn, proportionally should load 100 gn.
I thought I would experiment with 90, 95 and 100, someone has done the test?

Back