Pedersoli brutus .50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltner

Reaction score
Last purchase the Pedersoli brutus in caliber 50.
I tried the bullets cast from a beautiful mold company Accurate.
Considering that i shot at 110 yards with iron sights, i dare not imagine how it will go with a scope.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

nice looking bullet. Also some very good shooting there!!

Very nice. Do you lube the grooves, paper patch, use a wad?

Post pics of your Italian Brutus. Is it the same rifle available in the States? 209 ignition?

Thanks to all of you, the rifle is the same in the US, however, Italy does not have the ignition kit 209 but rather the nipple for caps # 11
For the friend Busta say that the bullet is made of pure lead and that I greased with Thompson Bear Heat Bullet Lube Solid and that between the powder and the bullet I placed a wad made with beer coasters.

That is a great looking bullet, and I'm sure it must be a blast to shoot. Thanks for the information.

Nice shooting! Accurate makes some beautiful molds. I have one that sees regular use.

Two other good results after some work on the weapon's accuracy
Same charge as above, nine shots at 110 yards
attachment.php

Same charge but with black powder 1.5 F, seven shots at 110 yards
attachment.php

For now we see well, but I think in a few years I'll have to wear glasses, age walk as a train.

Beautiful can I even say sleek sexy big ole bullet! Great shooting.

600 grains of lead will sure get the job done on anything you want to hunt. Very nice cast look there. Is that mold steel?

Start of the topic is a photo and description of the mold :mrgreen:

About a week ago, I heard Dave at No Excuse is seriously considering producing a 50-cal 600 grain in 2015.

:applause:

That's a beauty of a bullet and plenty of weight for a .50 cal. My only thought is, what are you going to do with all that elephant meat or rhino or T-REX :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just joking with ya :wink:

Ray........... :yeah:

I purchased this mold because in Italy are not to fire sabot bullets cal. 45, i have a mold 252 SWC and an adjustable for PP.
To stabilize bullets without lead to splice barrel, i have to shoot these colossal candy.
I do not exclude however to hunt deer and mouflon in the woods with visibility up to 170 yards.

Saltner said:
I purchased this mold because in Italy are not to fire sabot bullets cal. 45, i have a mold 252 SWC and an adjustable for PP.
To stabilize bullets without lead to splice barrel, i have to shoot these colossal candy.
I do not exclude however to hunt deer and mouflon in the woods with visibility up to 170 yards.

Are you able to fire 45 cal Conials? If so, you may want to look at this bullet that I had made up at Accurate Molds.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_det ... 465M-D.png

Latest posts

Back