Barrell length

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oski

Reaction score
I have just acquired another Disc rifle. It has a black synthetic stock and SS/nickel barrel. One of my DISC rifles has a barrel that measures about 25 inches from the end of the barrel to the opening where the disc goes into the breech. The one I got today has a barrel that is about 27 inches from the end of the barrel to the opening where the disc is loaded. My question is, what is the reason for the longer barrel? Is it because it is a "magnum" gun made to shoot 150 grains of powder? It shoots great. I just am puzzled about the barrel length. It just says DISC on both rifles. Any help? thanks for the help.

Just about all my Knights are 26" I think. There is a shorty or two around, down to 22" or so I thought. I also have an older Knight brochure, I'll try to check.

The old Disc rifles had a 24 inch barrel. I had one of them that used the orange jackets. The newer ones got a long barrel. They used the red primer jackets. I am not sure how long the new current model Disc Extremes and Elites are.

:D I really do not know. Maybe it gets you closer to the target. :D Actually I am interested in hearing from someone that knows why the difference. Keep us posted if you hear.

Both of my Knights used the orange primer holders. I was just curious, one of mine is so much longer than the other. They both pretty good though.

My original Disc rifle had the 24 inch barrel. It was a great shooting rifle. My Disc Extreme had the 26 I believe it was. I sold both of them. I still shoot the LK rifles and they only have 22 inch barrels but do a great job.

Are your two rifles the same model?

D.I.S.C = 24"

D.I.S.C Magnum = 26" (3 pellet shooter)

@cayuga yes, I believe they are the same model. They both have DISC on both barrels these are my first Knights and I dont know much about knight rifles.

Latest posts

Back