Knight Extreme breechplug/ventliner ?'s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakesdad

Reaction score
Those of you with Extremes or others that have the ventliner in the breechplug,how often do you replace the ventliners and/or breechplugs? Have maybe 25-30 shots thru the current ventliner and have not experienced any troubles yet. Just curious on what is recommended from you guys that shoot quite often,or if it really matters much at all as long as its kept clean. Where abouts is the best place to get replacement ventliners that you've found? Thanks.

You will need to replace it regardless of cleaning. The problem is erosion from firing shots. Each shot opens it up a tad more.

I think I put a couple hundred rounds in before I had to replace on my Disc Ext. 50 shooting mostly BH 209. The sign for me was when I had increased blowback. You can measure the hole with a pin gauge or some other tool. I think you want to replace around .0038. ( I may have a decimal misplaced there )

I bought 4 of them from one of the Smokeless Custom guys in IA. I don't recall the name but it was a good transaction.

I dont think i'm anywhere near that in shot count.Also my breech plug threads are very clean upon removal when I clean the gun,so blowback hasnt become a problem yet.I'll still see if I can run some down. Sabotloader my have an answer for me on locating some at a decent $$.Thanks

jakesdad said:
I dont think i'm anywhere near that in shot count.Also my breech plug threads are very clean upon removal when I clean the gun,so blowback hasnt become a problem yet.I'll still see if I can run some down. Sabotloader my have an answer for me on locating some at a decent $$.Thanks

Assuming this is an original Lehigh conversion(breech plug and vent liner), you are not even close to wearing the vent liner out. I have 300 shots through one and 200 on another - very little wear.

If it is a Lehigh/Knight conversion, then the vent liner is not removable.

Latest posts

Back