CVA Kodiak.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casper

Reaction score
Ok guys, I got a killer deal on a NIB Nickel camo 50 cal Kodiak rifle. What do I have to do to this rifle to shoot BH powder ? I have CCI-M primers. I'm thinking O-rings in the primer pockets and some breech plug tweeking, or is there a BH breech plug for this gun ? If so what mods are done to the original plug ?

The following photos show what has been done to dozens and dozens of CVA breech plugs so that the CVA rifles would reliably shoot Blackhorn powder

P1030029.JPG

P1030030.JPG

P1030027.JPG

P1030032.JPG

Thus modified these plugs reliably ignite Blackhorn using any shotgun primer i.e. CCI magnum primers are fine, but not required. An o-ring in the primer pocket will make for less blow back, but isn't a requirement. You can do this work yourself. If you wish, i will modify your breech plug, in exchange for dinero. PM me for my address.

I just got my plugs back from Ron. Top quality work, thank you sir. :yeah:

Let us know how it shoots for you. I am shooting the factory breech plug and just bought O rings for it. Im curious how your results will be.

It won't be for a while, but I will post results. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back