Kodiak trigger.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casper

Reaction score
Has anyone opened up the triggers on these guns ? I would like to lighten the pull weight, and I don't want any surprise parts flying out. :wink:

Go over to Frontier muzzleloading forum and ask Carlos, just bought a Kodiak Pro off him he did a trigger job on by lightning the spring, its very nice..

Found it. :yeah: Great write up. I just replaced the trigger spring with a lighter one to drop the pull weight by 2#'s. I'm not sure why he went the hammer spring route. It seams to me it would invite light primer strikes. :huh?: All went smooth, except for the fact I had to chase the screw holes that were packed with debris and replace the screws :wall: . FYI the screws are common metric size, you can find at the hardware store, 3mmx0.50 just in case someone else visits this project.

I have a Kodiak also and had the trigger rerworked and set at 2 lbs, went to the range and started to have a problem with different primers not working, check them when they didn't go off and they would have a dent in them but would not inginite, Talked to Carlos and he said that the trigger was to light, sent it to him and he adjusted it to 2 3/4 lbs and said it should work fine, that was 5 years ago and have not had a problem since.

That just reaffirms my belief that you don't mess with the hammer spring to lighten that trigger.

Latest posts

Back