DIGITAL WEIGHING SCALES

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEARL

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Since I cast my own lead bullets, I thought that it might be better to weigh them .
Anyone weigh their cast bullets?
If so , can you tell me which scales are good to buy?
I cast bullets in the 230 grain and 250 grain weights.

I do weigh the bullets I cast. That tells me if there are air bubbles in them, or if some are real heavy. I can separate them according to weight or remelt the lead and cast them over. I use a real cheap digital scale but it works good for me. Frankford Arsenal built my scale. It was about $25.00 but has worked great for a number of years. I also weigh my powder charges on it. My model I am not sure is even made anymore. But Amazon.Com is where I purchased it.

Now if I were reloading smokeless powders I might go to a Lyman scale or something very good. But for simple cast projectiles mine works fine.

I use both of the scales mentioned, but I primarily use the one Cayugd mentioned. Why? It sits on top of my bench most of the time but both are accurate and for the money can't be beat.

I have that same cheapo as semisane. It has to be well over 10 years and still going strong. I weigh a lot of cast on it right up to 12 ga. slugs. I remember it was dirt cheap, then...think I got it on a recomendation back then

Latest posts

Back