Black ice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbuff

Reaction score
My white thunderbolt should be back on Wednesday from black ice. I have heard nothing but great things about this coating. Lee was on top of every email I sent him, even better was that he shipped the completed gun to me before I even had a chance to pay him. In today's day that is almost unheard of. Nice to see an American company doing things with a little of the honor system . If you have not seen his site check it out.

Let's hope the NY blizzard doesn't delay the arrival.

http://www.blackicecoatings.com

Steve

Good to hear another great review! I'm planning on sending my 98 to them. I'd love to see some pics of yours, Greg

You are going to love it. Nothing sticks to it, a quick wipe down is all that is usually required on the exterior. Water beads right off like it was waxed and its nearly impervious to rust.

8) 100% agree, great coating!! It came on both of my Super 91's an I sent off my Rem 870 to be iced also. Only wish I could afford it on all my collection... :yeah:

Will be sending my 45 McRem smokeless to Black Ice this week. Cant wait to get it back!

My white thunderbolt arrived yesterday a day late due to blizzard 2015, save that story for a different day.

Put her all back together, I am very impressed with the black ice. I will try to figure out how to post pictures tonight. Almost to good looking to shoot...
Steve

Knew you would like it Steve. When posting pics on here you will need a host site like photobucket, put the pics on there then its easy to post here. If I can do it, you can too. 8)

sbuff said:
Says photo size to big??
You are most likely trying to post it direct to the Forum. Try resizing it with something like Microsoft Picture manager and then try again. At the moment I forget the max size you can post but it is limited. If you use a site like Photobucket you can post them about what ever size you want since you are just posting a link to it.

Shutterfly is what we use for photos...mike if you don't mind I sent to you, but I am still trying..

Well here they are:

Are you trying to post the picture or the link to the picture? With Photobucket you just need to copy the IMG Link on Photobucket and paste it to your post.

sbuff said:
Thanks SL....
The photos don't do it justice.....

Man! I am glad that I was not the photographer - but it really does look good to me... And the rifle is a classic anyway...

Latest posts

Back