Target 1000 yds.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fivebull said:
I was the spotter for fellow shooting , he kills deer with same rifle consistently 300 yds. He also developed an Encore that will do same thing. Technology from 1800's applied to modern Inline. He shoots 1000 yd. at Oak Ridge , Tenn. with traditional Muzzle Loader also. The old Knight in .45 cal 1-20 will work. This rifle is mounted in Boyds stock.

Do you know if he removed the QLA from his Encore to shoot those big conicals? I would be surprised if he didn't.

His Encore has a Krieger barrel on it . !-18 twist .45. He shoots same load in the Encore as the Knight

[Do you know if he removed the QLA from his Encore to shoot those big conicals? I would be surprised if he didn't.[/quote]

"QLA"??

QLA quick load accurizer is the counterbore that tc used on muzzle to make loading easier. many cut barrel off and crown to improve accuraccy. encore referred to in this post is a custom barrel which never had QLA

I was playing with ballistic calculator and trying to figure b.c. of 525 gr bullet with only 50' of elevation to reach 1000 yds . Can i ask what b.c. is must be extremely high ?

bestill said:
I was playing with ballistic calculator and trying to figure b.c. of 525 gr bullet with only 50' of elevation to reach 1000 yds . Can i ask what b.c. is must be extremely high ?

50' was 650yds. Think I used .300 when I ran the numbers and had a similar number at 650yds. At 1000yds, I think I got around almost 150' of drop

Latest posts

Back