Knight Vision - Western Edition

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
They were showing this at the shot show this year so it will probably on the way to the markets pretty soon.

Knight has converted the Vision break open rifle to be a Western Legal. I do not know all of the particulars but I am positive it will come with your choice of #11 or Musket cap ignition. I also expect the price to be really attractive or competitive, but have not seen a suggested price as of this date.

What do I know of the Vision? I remember a friend of mine sent me one of the original Visions several years ago to do some shooting and testing with the rifle plus he wanted the LOP cut down.

I remember when I got the rifle - I was surprised at the strength of the gun. It was built to last. It does have a Green Mountain barrel and it shot really well.

This target was the sight in target and the first shots fired from the rifle.

Since the introduction of the rifle and I believe it was two years ago - Knight went back in and re-worked the internals of the trigger and hammer to make them smoother and easier to shoot. The parts are now machined rather than stamped.

I really do like the hammer-less design. My very first rifle EVER was a 1894 Winchester 30-30 - I still have it and I used for years and years - and all of that time I never once complained about needing to pull the hammer back to shoot at a deer. TODAY - it is different I hate it! I would much rather just slide a safety off and be able to shoot. The Vision solves that problem for me, so maybe that is part of the reason I like it.

I am not sure when we will see it - but I am hoping to get one soon to put in some farm time testing it... When I get it I hope to add a lot more information about the rifle.

I think the Vision is a cool gun, and I wouldn't mind having one. Knight puts em back on sale again, I'm gonna snatch one up.
Lets hope this one doesn't go the way of last years SHOT show gun...the KPX.

Mike how does the gun cock? When you close the action its just ready to go?

WV Hunter said:
I think the Vision is a cool gun, and I wouldn't mind having one. Knight puts em back on sale again, I'm gonna snatch one up.
Lets hope this one doesn't go the way of last years SHOT show gun...the KPX.

Mike how does the gun cock? When you close the action its just ready to go?

When you open the rifle the hammer is pushed back into the firing position. When you close the rifle it is ready to fire. It is really like a break open shot gun. There is a mechanical safety that will not allow the hammer to hit the firing pin until lock is fully reached. Plus there is a trigger safety.

Here is a picture of the trigger assembly

Call me crazy, (and I'm sure you will) but I liked the Knight shadow better. :huh?:

casper said:
Call me crazy, (and I'm sure you will) but I liked the Knight shadow better. :huh?:

I do remember the name - but I do not remember the rifle - never saw one in real life... so I can not call you crazy

sabotloader said:
casper said:

I do remember the name - but I do not remember the rifle - never saw one in real life... so I can not call you crazy
I have 2 of them. Despite Randy Wakeman's poor review of them, I've found both of them are great shooters with anything my other tight bore guns(Savage/Knight/TC)like. Breech Plug takes bare 209 primers. Initially I had a couple hangfires with one of the 2 when I switched to Blackhorn. I noticed the flash hole on the one that had hangfires was .031(#67 drill) and the one that shot great was .033. I called Sam @ Knight and he confirmed that the fix would be to open it to the same dimension. I bought a wire drill bit in .033(#66) and used a pin vise(not an actual drill) to open it up with literally about 3 turns between my fingers. Have never had another hangfire in either gun in 5yrs since doing this. I've shot it in temps at -10 degrees with "light" loads without problems.
The other thing I reccomend for this gun is Win 209(Regular W209)primers. Although Fed and CCI 209's are hotter AND all 3 work equally well at ensuring good ignition, the Win209s are taller and seal AWESOME. I've never had any blow back(as described by Wakeman's experiences in his review) in either gun. With the Feds/CCI's there is no more blow back than any of my other MZ's. Obviously the blow back issue is relative to head space and the longest primers will obviously "crush" for a good fit/seal.

The ONLY complaint I have about the gun is it's trigger. Both of mine measure at 4.75# and 5.25#, which is a bit heavy for my likes. They don't have a lot of creep or grit as noticed by RW in his review, but maybe that's just the ones I happened to get. Even though they are heavy at 5# I still get consistent 1.5 MOA off a bench with them, Which considering a hammer gun and heavy trigger is pretty good.
FWIW, I guess I could try and get triggers worked, but why? I keep them as loaners/backups because they are simple, affordable, and swing almost as well as a H & R Huntsman.

26" Green Mountain Barrel, you can still get the BP replacements from Knight as well.
Easy to clean.

The funny part is, you can still buy one of these BRAND NEW in the box off GB from the same company I bought mine from years ago. They must have bought ALL of them when Knight went under..

They come with a scope package for $289. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =470021231

I bought both of mine at a chain store for 137.00 each and they were stainless. I wish I didn't sell them. :(

Both if mine are blued, I wish they were stainless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back