Knight DISC 1:20 .45 question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there aren't alot of them out there. I'm confused as to how to tell which models actually came in 1:20 twist.

My understanding is all the .45 Elite's are 1:30. Correct?

Do all Extreme models actually say Extreme on the barrel? ie: DISC Extreme
Did any of the .45 Extreme models come in 1:20? Or only the older/original disc?

What would the barrel of a 1:20 say? Just DISC?

I saw one in a store a while back that just had DISC on it... no Extreme, and it was a .45. It was used, the store owner had no idea what the twist was. It had a fluted barrel and thumbhole comp stock.

Do any say Super Disc on the rifle? I know I've seen that mentioned alot, and apparently Knight called some of their guns by this name.

Thanks

My understanding is only DISC original " Orange Disc " Rifles. No Elites, No Extremes. They should have a fluted barrel. With the below serial numbers.

Here is the serial number break..

Serial number change for the .45 twist rate was anything prior to #2291 on mild steel and #5043 on stainless were 1:20 twist. Hope this helps

WV Hunter said:
I know there aren't alot of them out there. I'm confused as to how to tell which models actually came in 1:20 twist.

My understanding is all the .45 Elite's are 1:30. Correct?

Yes

Do all Extreme models actually say Extreme on the barrel? ie: DISC Extreme

Yes

Did any of the .45 Extreme models come in 1:20?

No

Or only the older/original disc?

Yes

What would the barrel of a 1:20 say? Just DISC?

D.I.S.C. only

I saw one in a store a while back that just had DISC on it... no Extreme, and it was a .45. It was used, the store owner had no idea what the twist was. It had a fluted barrel and thumbhole comp stock.

All Extreme/Elites are 1-30

Do any say Super Disc on the rifle?

No - not on the rifle - The fluted barrel was a Super DISC

I know I've seen that mentioned alot, and apparently Knight called some of their guns by this name.

Thanks

I'm confused as to how to tell which models actually came in 1:20 twist.

Is it only the original DISC rifles (orange disc), or did the .45 Extreme (red disc) come in 1:20 also?

DISC Originals Only... Someone could have converted a Original to the Red DISC but the rifle needs to start life as a DISC Original [/quote]

All depends on the serial number for the rifle mentioned above...

Serial number change for the .45 twist rate was anything prior to #2291 on mild steel and #5043 on stainless were 1:20 twist

Well Mike, I wouldn't mind having one...but I'm not in dire need or even on the hunt really. If one came along and was a fair deal, I'd probably grab it. Its just one of the several that are on my radar - or wish list :D

If you happen to bump into one, certainly I'd appreciate you letting me know if it wasn't something you wanted for yourself.

There are one or 2 that say D.I.S.C on them on Gunbroker now. One looks like it was put in a Disc Extreme stock. There is another one that does say D.I.S.C Extreme and has a Fluted barrel. It is Blued and has a pretty Walnut stock. Not sure if that one could be a 1 in 20 but man it is nice and says NIB. SN# 000092. :shock: Do you all think that could be a 1 in 20?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =465757493

Yesir, thats a beauty. I like walnut and blued combo's in about any rifle. They just go together so nicely.
According to Sabotloader, if it says Disc Extreme its a 1:30.

ShawnT said:
There are one or 2 that say D.I.S.C on them on Gunbroker now. One looks like it was put in a Disc Extreme stock. There is another one that does say D.I.S.C Extreme and has a Fluted barrel. It is Blued and has a pretty Walnut stock. Not sure if that one could be a 1 in 20 but man it is nice and says NIB. SN# 000092. :shock: Do you all think that could be a 1 in 20?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =465757493

It is as it says - DISC Extreme - so it will be a 1-30 - but man this is a beautiful gun..

The two stainless on broker - one with the 70000 serial number is DISC O but it will be a 1-30

THe other one, the one with the scope I can not read the serial number - I requested it from the seller but have not heard a thing...

I was afraid so. It looked like it had the periods in the DISC part plus the low SN. But it was the wood that caught my attention plus new old stock. I think I have only seen 2 like that and the other was a 50cal.

Back