cooper

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anybody seen that cooper firearms out of Montana is now making muzzle loaders I have one of their rifles they are a thing of beauty and can they shoot.

They are beautiful! I heard they are in the $3000 price range. Does anyone know for sure?

if true to form the classic should be about 1900 to 2100 the custom classic right around 3000,may try to call them Monday,they are alot of money but I have a custom classic and I love it may need to get the muzzleloader.

Hi guys & thanks for your interest in our Model 22 ML. I can answer any questions that you may have. There is already a 4 page thread on the rifle somewhere on this forum. The price starts at $1500

What I really appreciate about Cooper, someone is actually listening to other hunters and shooters. Although Cooper may not build a rifle to everyone's needs or wants, at least they're here and reading the comments. The comments may or may not influence what they build, or even a future build but, Cooper is listening and should be commended for it. :yeah:

Thank you very much Encore50A. :yeah:

Please know that I do have the ear of management here & that I do consider every recommendation. For example, we are looking into rating the rifle for 200 grain charges (if it happens I'll let the readership here know first).

I am also a genuine ML/BP enthusiast & believe that I have a common interest & common ground with the folks who hunt with muzzle loaders. Heck, I've been lurking on this forum for a long time.

Also, I know that the price of our rifle is high. I did everything I could do (and I am not done yet) to maximize the "bang for the buck" with the rifle. Part of that "bang for the buck" is knowing that if your rifle experiences a problem, you can call the shop & get ME. The Model 22 ML was my idea & I was heavily involved in it's design & know it intimately. If you call me & tell me your rifle has an issue (or if you just want some advice or to just BS on the phone about muzzleloaders), you WILL get me & I will move heaven & Earth to make it right. I think that kind of service has value :partyman:

I can't seem to find the link to your Cooper Muzzle loader.

Actually for a custom muzzleloader, made to be what you will use the rest of your life.. $2000.00 is not out of line. My custom flintlock was near that price. And the way it shoots, handles, and looks... its worth every penny. Look at the price of a New Knight or Thompson Center. At the last store I was in, it was $700.00 . The Pro Hunter, then all the modifications I see people do to the trigger, etc.. what's all that cost? Here, you get the real deal, all set to shoot. And if Copper is right on, any problems sound like they'd be fixed on the spot.

cayuga said:
I can't seem to find the link to your Cooper Muzzle loader.

Actually for a custom muzzleloader, made to be what you will use the rest of your life.. $2000.00 is not out of line. My custom flintlock was near that price. And the way it shoots, handles, and looks... its worth every penny. Look at the price of a New Knight or Thompson Center. At the last store I was in, it was $700.00 . The Pro Hunter, then all the modifications I see people do to the trigger, etc.. what's all that cost? Here, you get the real deal, all set to shoot. And if Copper is right on, any problems sound like they'd be fixed on the spot.

Here you go Dave

http://www.cooperfirearms.com

I found that part of the site... but when I look for their muzzleloaders, I can't find them... I am sure they are in there somewhere.

I know the gal who does our web page & have inquired about the Model 22 ML being on the web page. I noticed that they did add "50 cal" to the available caliber list.

Also, all of our rifles (regardless of type) are classified into styles. For a sporter/hunting rifle (in a wood/laminate stock) the styles would be Classic, Custom Classic, & Western Classic. We also have a stock with a semi beaver tail fore end & a prominent roll over cheek piece that we call a "Jackson" style.

Latest posts

Back