Cooper of Montana - Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1874sharpsshooter said:
Cooper Firearms said:
Thank you all for the kind words :) :partyman:
Not so sure sponsoring Toby will turn out to be agood thing .

Agree to a point but, he did get the word out and, with a good 100yd group.

Now... Cooper needs to get that rifle into the hands of a long range shooter and start stretching it out. Want recognition, bring one to the Friendship shoot. It doesn't have to win a match, just present it and let someone shoot there. Word would spread pretty darn fast all across the country.

1874sharpsshooter said:
Cooper Firearms said:
Thank you all for the kind words :) :partyman:
Not so sure sponsoring Toby will turn out to be agood thing .
If you do, you can be sure that Cooper Firearms would be in every single article, along with the rest of his favorites, all accompanied by however many fps (and fpe ) he might dream up.

Had not been here (or much of anywhere else) for awhile but I'm glad to see this new offering from Cooper. This is something I had imagined and even photoshop'd several years ago. I wouldn't change that plug or bolt face in any way if it does truly achieve zero blowback as is. Just offer a 3/8 drive socket that will fit the breech plug. :mrgreen:

Beautiful rifles! Does it use the same mount bases as a Remington 700 long action?

Underclocked said:
Had not been here (or much of anywhere else) for awhile but I'm glad to see this new offering from Cooper. This is something I had imagined and even photoshop'd several years ago. I wouldn't change that plug or bolt face in any way if it does truly achieve zero blowback as is. Just offer a 3/8 drive socket that will fit the breech plug. :mrgreen:

Beautiful rifles! Does it use the same mount bases as a Remington 700 long action?

Nice to see you around, Rich!

I said the same thing about the breech plug. All it needs is a hex head, so it can be removed with any common socket wrench. Because you just know someone will go on a hunt and forget the OEM breech plug wrench, and be SOL if they need to remove the plug for cleaning, etc,. Dry balling a load, without a bullet puller would be another scenario that could have a guy dead in the water. At least a common socket would be available almost anywhere.

I've shot 'nearly' 40 rounds without pulling the plug using Blackhorn. I use nothing more than a drill bit and a safety pin to keep me shooting without hangfire.

Busta said:
Underclocked said:

Nice to see you around, Rich!

I said the same thing about the breech plug. All it needs is a hex head, so it can be removed with any common socket wrench. Because you just know someone will go on a hunt and forget the OEM breech plug wrench, and be SOL if they need to remove the plug for cleaning, etc,. Dry balling a load, without a bullet puller would be another scenario that could have a guy dead in the water. At least a common socket would be available almost anywhere.

I agree, a hex head bp would be a nice "fine tune" to an already impressive rifle. :yeah:

Cooper Firearms said:
I like the idea of the hex head plug, I'm going to see if that idea can be incorporated.

7/16" is also a good size. What is the distance across the flats on the current plug? Just four more cuts on the CNC, and you are there.

Just a bump for the newer members who may have never seen the new Cooper Model 22 ML. Im strictly a 45cal fan but i realize that is not the case for the majority of ML hunters. Such a pretty custom rifle deserves a bump. I hope they are still considering a B&C stock option at a slightly reduced price.

Scott as you know this is their first season offering this new ML. It is my understanding that one of their goals this season was to build 30 of the ML's and remember this is a one ML at a time operation. They handle each and every rife putting together part by part. I guess we could say labor intensive which will certainly add to the price of quality rifle like this.

It is really not that far for here in Idaho to there in Montana, on the map it is really close - can measure it in inches. I am really thinking about driving over early next summer just to look at the operation and the rifle.

Here is a picture of one version... excuse the ram rod - it is or was for one of the original test versions with a 24" barrel. The production rifles are 26"

Its also my understanding you can have it "your way" for the same price. All SS, all blued or a mix of both. IMO the price is quite fair for a made in house receiver with that kind of track record. Coopers M22 CFs seem to get great reviews.

I certainly hope they reach their goal and continue offering them.

GM54-120 said:
Its also my understanding you can have it "your way" for the same price. All SS, all blued or a mix of both. IMO the price is quite fair for a made in house receiver with that kind of track record. Coopers M22 CFs seem to get great reviews.

I certainly hope they reach their goal and continue offering them.

I concur with you - there are a lot of styles and options available for these rifles... And I am sure there are more coming! options that is..

Back