Cooper of Montana - Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny Squeeze! I feel your pain brother. They are gorgeous, especially with the ebony on the fore end. I would "kill" the looks for sure because it would go hunting with me.

I LOVE dings & scratches on pretty guns (& expensive sun glasses). I think that honest wear from the field is CLASSY! I love it when the bluing wears off of the bolt handle knob from use. A classy example of honest wear from the field would be the bare steel spot on the barrels of an African PH's double where he carries it by the barrels & over his shoulder. Each scratch, ding, or bare spot has a memory attached to it :partyman:

I agree..scratches dings and wear show the love of the rifle..shows you use it alot and not taking space in the vault....its like a loading press..if its not scratched..dinged..worn spots ...your not using it enough....I have a ruger #1 in 25-06 I bought in late 70's..thats one of my chucking rifles....I do like the Coopers...

I'm glad you like it. We have many, many colors of laminate. I used to think that I knew them all but it seems like every day I'm seeing a new one. Also, when I screw on the attachment tip that matches what projectile I am using, it then extends basically to the end.

Question for the readership, would you prefer a ram rod held in the stock with spring pressure (which is very common) or would you prefer one that screws into place in the stock? The prototypes have both & I'm torn on which I like better.

I've never used a gun that had a screw in, so I can't really say. Seems like it would be more secure, but also more difficult to get in/out. Not sure it would matter unless I was in a hurry. My vote is Spring, as that's how all my Knights are and they work just fine.

Cooper Firearms said:
Question for the readership, would you prefer a ram rod held in the stock with spring pressure (which is very common) or would you prefer one that screws into place in the stock? The prototypes have both & I'm torn on which I like better.

Spring!

Spring too for me.

That's a sweet rig , I am a sucker for a laminate...I said no more guns after getting my white thunderbolt,. Might have to break the news to the wife I need just one more...
Steve

OK If you say they are smokeless capable, and come in a .45 with ~1-20 twist, I could call that my next gun :D I keep going back over the pictures and come up with more and more details that just stand out, and attest to the well thought out and executed design.

A spring to hold the ramrod. In a hunting situation needing a fast second shot a screw would be frustrating.

Squeeze said:
OK If you say they are smokeless capable, and come in a .45 with ~1-20 twist, I could call that my next gun :D I keep going back over the pictures and come up with more and more details that just stand out, and attest to the well thought out and executed design.

If they make it to qualify for 'smokeless' that might tend to reduce the number of rifles sold as that would change the class of the rifle and it could only be dealt through gun dealers with a FFL. That could be a big limiting factor.

Latest posts

Back