Testing the new Lehigh 40x200 gr, XP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for a great report if spring ever arrives here in Missouri I plan on getting a bunch of different bullets from parker and lehigh .and see what I can find out.One thing seems clear from your report and my own limited experiences,that is 90 to about 120 grains with a good bullet seems to be the range to start in with a 50 if it won,t shoot that you may have a problem.Agan great report thanks. :applause:

crowhunter1 said:
Thanks for a great report if spring ever arrives here in Missouri I plan on getting a bunch of different bullets from parker and lehigh .and see what I can find out.One thing seems clear from your report and my own limited experiences,that is 90 to about 120 grains with a good bullet seems to be the range to start in with a 50 if it won,t shoot that you may have a problem.Agan great report thanks. :applause:

Just remember, you CAN NOT use the XP during deer season. Missouri requires a expanding type bullet for deer hunting although they do allow hardcast even if expansion is almost nonexistent. Even hunting other game during deer season with a non expanding bullet could get you into hot water.

http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/regu ... er-hunting

Prohibited Methods
Full hard metal case projectiles

I have discussed this at length with 2 conservation agents.

Latest posts

Back