Lehigh 40x200 in a 1/28 Twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sabotloader said:
toytruck said:
If you would take back your cold western weather I would appreciate it very much!! :lol: We are supposed to be in the upper 40's, mid 50's by now, but not getting out of the 20's today or tomorrow with lows below 10 above, not to mention 10" of snow on the ground. Maybe next month we can get back to normal an shooting weather...I have to wait till May 1st for the only range I can go to now to open anyway. :roll:

I must be really getting old I look forward to today's high near 50* but it did get down to 31* last night and - no snow for miles...

Drive out here and we can go to the farm or the rock pit

mike

I had -20.4º below last night. When I got up at 7:30 it was still -18º below but it is now above 0 and it feels great outside... Although more cold is coming tonight. I will be glad when May rolls around and it starts to warm up again.

sabotloader said:
toytruck said:
If you would take back your cold western weather I would appreciate it very much!! :lol: We are supposed to be in the upper 40's, mid 50's by now, but not getting out of the 20's today or tomorrow with lows below 10 above, not to mention 10" of snow on the ground. Maybe next month we can get back to normal an shooting weather...I have to wait till May 1st for the only range I can go to now to open anyway. :roll:

I must be really getting old I look forward to today's high near 50* but it did get down to 31* last night and - no snow for miles...

Drive out here and we can go to the farm or the rock pit

mike

Your low was our high today.. If you were only closer I'd be tempted to make that drive. It will warm up before long an then its mowing season, an life goes on. :yeah:

toytruck said:
I'm also wondering if the CVA Optima V2 50cal. pistol with 1:28 would shoot these accurately in the short barrel variety?

Steve,

I don't see why not, my V1 Pistol will shoot the .40 cal 200 grain Shockwave in the supplied .40/.50 blue sabot over 80 gr V Blackhorn 209 into one hole @ 50 yards. The bullets measure .940" out to the nose of the polymer tip.

If you do a search for "Optima Pistol thoughts and Range Report", or something to that effect, I think you will find my original range session from back in November 2011.

I would like to see a super slow motion video of this bullet cutting through the air. I bet it would be really wild to see? Interesting design for sure, but the 200 Shockwaves kill deer just fine out of my pistol for a lot less money. Don't overlook them.

When working with bullets that are a border line length for the twist I always try to remember that the FPS has a direct effect on the RPM and sometimes 10 grains more powder will stabilize the bullet. I believe if they had made 24 or 26 the standard twist it would be more suitable for the FPS we work with in inlines.

I agree with Lee, I can shoot the 200 gr. Bloodlines from my DISC Elite and they are accurate, but I push them hard with BH. I imagine that the XP is shorter since it lacks the huge hollow point. I settled on the 185"s because I stumbled on them cheap.

Hornet22savage said:
I agree with Lee, I can shoot the 200 gr. Bloodlines from my DISC Elite and they are accurate, but I push them hard with BH. I imagine that the XP is shorter since it lacks the huge hollow point. I settled on the 185"s because I stumbled on them cheap.

The XP and the Bloodline or CF 40x200 are the same length 0.910 and that is the reason the 185's exist - they are shorter and will stabilize great in a 1-30. Although my 1-30's both shoot the 200 CF bullets just fine..

Steve,

I forgot to mention, the 200 gr Shockwaves are going just over 1500 fps, and very stable.

toytruck said:
I'm also wondering if the CVA Optima V2 50cal. pistol with 1:28 would shoot these accurately in the short barrel variety?

You can bet the 40x185 XP will shoot from the Optima even if the 200 XP will not. But, I really believe the 200 XP will stabilize in a your 1-28

There will also be a .452x250

Latest posts

Back