zero distance

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babybutterfly

Reaction score
At what distance does every body on here like there muzzloaders to be zeroed at. I am going to zero mine at 150. What's everybody else zero there at.

My range at my parents I can get 191 yds. And I can get 200-250 yrd shots at deer were they come out and feed in the soybean fields. I figured I might just end up zeroing my gun at 200 yrds. That way when a deer steps out at 200 I'll be able to just put the hammer down on him.

I set my zero at 200yds with the CDS turret, then dial back to 100yds. I suspect my setup is most likely different than yours.
Which rifle and scope might you be shooting, that you will be setting the zero at 200yds?

It'll be a cva accura v2 long range with a 30 inch barrel. I'll be shooting harvester scorpion or holds with the black crush Sabots with a charge of 110 grains of black horn powder. I wanna try to see how accurate the triple 7 is first with a 100 grain charge then 150 grain charge.

Sorry stupid spell check lol I wanna shoot the harvester scorpion pt golds 300 grain bullets

babybutterfly said:
At what distance does every body on here like there muzzloaders to be zeroed at. I am going to zero mine at 150. What's everybody else zero there at.

That depends on what rifle I am using. My inlines I zero at 100 yards. My open sights I use 50 yards. But shots are very close where I live and hunt.

Where we hunt (state land Huron National Forest) it's rare to get an open shot beyond 150.

If you haven't purchased the rifle yet, I would buy the rifle without the scope, and take the extra money you save to put towards a better scope. If you want to shoot far accurately, you have to see far accurately. Then practice, practice, practice! No need to shoot that far at any animal though IMO, paper, sure. I go hunting, not shooting.

Depends on the gun and the load. My favorite is 2 to 3 inches high at 100 and "0" at 165 and 4inches low at 200 and 9 inches low at 250.

The first time did not post so here goes again. I sight in at 100 yards because most shots taken are between 50 yards and 150 yards. Rarely more or less so the 100 yard sight in works well for my application. If I had regular shots at 250 yards then I would sight in accordingly. This works for me, others may vary.

Latest posts

Back