LHR Sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lptroll

Reaction score
Just got Sunday newpaper, flyer from Duncans Outdoor shop shows LHR Redemption closeout sale, black composite $379. G2 camo $399. Duncans is in Bay City, MI.

A lot of the shops here are selling the LHR at discount prices also...one gun shop said he has 3 and no one shows interest in them..they head right for the TC an CVA rifles...its a different concept muzzy and people must not know much about them....I think the shortness of them scares them as the others have longer barrels..who knows

I always thought they look like some European trap shotgun with a ramrod. I also think their MSRP is way too high for a new company trying to establish themselves.

Never really thought about it, but "looks like a European shotgun" quote does nail it!. Have read mixed reviews about accuracy, haven't seen complaints about any other issues. Is this company on the way out? Is this why they are selling them as a closeout?

? Could be they just aren't moving many, and have priced them to move. Maybe that store is getting out of selling them. I have seen that happen before. I have not heard anything re: the company itself going away.

They have one of the best breach systems going. Biggest problem is they are hinged like shotgun and they become loose with play back and forth. I have one and sent it back and they fixed it. I took one out of the box and won a medal for 500 yd. match at the Nationals In Friendship , Home of the NMLRA. Shooting a charge of 80 grn. swiss 2ff and crushed rib harvester with a 390 grn lead HP. You really have to watch the wind.

The external threaded collar also causes a problem with scope base placement. Ive seen numerous LHRs with the scope mounted so far back the rings appeared to be against the turret housing. This is not an issue if you get a scope with 5" of relief but on a 3-3.5" relief scope...yeah...not my cup of tea at all.

Latest posts

Back