Knight Disc Extreme conversion kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strikerII

Reaction score
The breech plug in the Knight Disc Extreme conversion kit, is that the vented breech plug or regular breech plug? Or am I better off using the Bare 209 primer breech plug for shooting BH209?

strikerII said:
The breech plug in the Knight Disc Extreme conversion kit, is that the vented breech plug or regular breech plug? Or am I better off using the Bare 209 primer breech plug for shooting BH209?

I think I can answer this... If you are purchasing a new conversion kit from Knight, it will/should have the vent liner installed even though it is for a Red Plastic Jacket. If you are purchasing an older model conversion kit it will probably not have the vent liner.

The FPJ breech plug with the vent will shoot BH but will have a good deal of leakage between the jacket and the jacket post on the BP.

IMO - the bare prime BP is a much better option both in reliability and cleanliness.

Thanks sabot, I was thinking of get a bolt from Numrich then getting the Bare 209 BP from knight.

strikerII said:
Thanks sabot, I was thinking of get a bolt from Numrich then getting the Bare 209 BP from knight.

That could work... Check the conversion kit on Knight also

some knight parts are cheaper on the knight site....

Call knight and ask...my trigger was 1/2 the price of Numrich.

My barrel was $15 more at numrich before I knew

Thanks for the replies. I called them and they recommend the bare 209 setup, as well as Western Powder does.

Did some shopping around and was able to purchase a Disc Extreme bolt and Bare 209 primer breech plug directly from Knight for $128. Good deal. Looking forward to putting this rifle together and getting in some more range time before it warms up. Still have alotta shed hunting to do before spring turkey, trout season & son's college baseball start. Then it's time to dtart disking & planting food plots!

I am in the process of buying another Knight..its an extreme with an elite barrel....and I am going to buy the bare primer breech an bolt insert for it instead of using the disc's...but I looked around and seen places selling them but they were old style with domed breech...so i will get from Knight..for 41.00 its a guarantee i will get the latest version...have to be careful buying old new stock on line...may not be the latest..you did right by getting from Knight...

Exactly. Knight had the best price and it will be NEW stock! Good luck with the build.

strikerII said:
Did some shopping around and was able to purchase a Disc Extreme bolt and Bare 209 primer breech plug directly from Knight for $128. Good deal.

Wow. That is a LOT less expensive than what is on their website.
I recently turned down a deal on a Disc rifle because of Knight's posted cost of the conversion kit + bare 209 breech plug put it at almost the cost of a new Disc Extreme when added to the cost of the used rifle. Who knew that they'd be less expensive with a phone call?
Of course, they don't respond to emails so that's probably why it didn't cross my mind.

Dr. Vette said:
strikerII said:
Did some shopping around and was able to purchase a Disc Extreme bolt and Bare 209 primer breech plug directly from Knight for $128. Good deal.

Wow. That is a LOT less expensive than what is on their website.
I recently turned down a deal on a Disc rifle because of Knight's posted cost of the conversion kit + bare 209 breech plug put it at almost the cost of a new Disc Extreme when added to the cost of the used rifle. Who knew that they'd be less expensive with a phone call?
Of course, they don't respond to emails so that's probably why it didn't cross my mind.

All I purchased was a Disc Extreme bolt/with screw and the 209 Bare primer breech plug. The full conversion kit has the Extreme bolt, standard breech plug, 20 red jackets and new bolt screw. I was as shocked as you when she told me the price, with shipping!

Back