aimpoint PRO 1x

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorta off subject, but not really. Just got my first aR-15 223 and thinking of getting an Aimpoint P.R.0. 1x30 scope to use on it. Tried it out on a friends rifle and really liked it. Clear glass and a 2 MOA dot. Easy to operate with both eyes open.

SOMEDAY (maybe this year??), when I actually pull a muzzy tag to hunt in Utah, I want to use a 1x scope and will probably try and put it on my White. Is it possible to mount this scope on a white whitetail? I also have a Knight LRH I could use, but will probably want to have my White on that hunt. The scope has a 2 MOA dot, which should be fine out to a probable max range of 200 yards.

Any experience with the scope?

Well, I got one. Looked through one at the store and you can literally hold both eyes open and put the dot on the target. People talk about other 1 X scopes being actually less than your normal eye, so things look smaller. That is not the case with this scope. And the dot is very small, so out to 200 yards, that should be great.

Mounting on a muzzleloader should be as simple as mounting a rail. It is extremely easy to mount and remove (by hand without tools) and is reported to be rock steady. However the height will be way up above where I normally sight on my muzzleloader (currently open sights) so not sure how comfortable it will be to shoot with this scope.

Been wanting a Red dot to try on my Optima pistol, but afraid of too large of a dot for my liking. Anyone else out there with any info/experience especially regarding accuracy loss compared to a scope. Have a Bushnell Trophy on it now, but at dark light retention is poor.

I think I looked through an Aimpoint when I was searching for a AR15 to purchase. It was on a Colt. And when I held it up, the gunshop owner warned me, keep both eyes open... which I did. And it was amazing how fast on target you could move around the room with it. I wish I had paid more attention to it. I do remember the light in it was yellow. And because it was no magnification focus was instant.

lptroll said:
Been wanting a Red dot to try on my Optima pistol, but afraid of too large of a dot for my liking. Anyone else out there with any info/experience especially regarding accuracy loss compared to a scope. Have a Bushnell Trophy on it now, but at dark light retention is poor.

You wouldn't think this dot was too big. I thought I wanted a 1 MOA dot, but this one is 2 MOA and it is plenty small. I would not want to shoot past 200 yards with this set up anyway (1x). I have not shot it yet, but there was a window in the shop that I could look outside and the dot seemed surprisingly small even at distance. I you are really interested, you should go see one at a shop.

My only hold up was the $440 price tag, but finally decided it was worth it after reading bad reviews on cheaper scopes. Gonna get to give it a try next Tuesday afternoon.

Ditto on the price tag ! After looking at a lot of dot scopes, I bought a Millett multi-dot SP, which has 4 choices of size for under $100. The smallest is 3moa, which I find is fine for my Optima V2 pistol, especially in a wooded environment where I hunt. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a supported 100 yds with that size dot. I'm not sure if a 2moa would be too small for me. Getting old, I guess.

Took the AR-15 and the new aimpoint out this weekend for my wife to go after hogs. Wife 1, hogs 0 !!

1 shot at a 120 lb boar put him down. She like it!

txhunter58 said:
Took the AR-15 and the new aimpoint out this weekend for my wife to go after hogs. Wife 1, hogs 0 !!

1 shot at a 120 lb boar put him down. She like it!

Nice! Tell the wife good job! :D :yeah:

Latest posts

Back