.50 cal disc extreme stainless fluted barrel?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

Reaction score
Anyone have a .50 cal disc extreme stainless fluted barrel that is not marked "MHC"?

Thanks,

I don't know for sure, but other than the spiral fluted (LRH) I thought they only made the fluted barrel in a .50 for the MHC. Don't think they offered it in any other gun in a .50 cal.
I remember when they were going under they had scabbed some guns together and put the fluted MHC barrels on other guns. I seem to remember a couple members buying them cheap iirc.

jbaker said:
Anyone have a .50 cal disc extreme stainless fluted barrel that is not marked "MHC"?

Thanks,

There was a series of 50 cal Master Hunters that were not cryogenically treated. These came out prior to the MHC,

This particular barrel is not marked with any MHC or master hunter series or MHS II.. It just has the extreme stamp on the barrel. I just never saw one like this and wondered if anyone else has???

IIRC there were some late (Previous owner) Extremes built using whatever barrels they had on hand. Some were marked with Master Hunter letter codes and some were not. IMO some of these barrels did not pass all the MH or MHC specs but still fell within standard Knight barrel specs. Others were fully inspected MH and MHC barrels they just used on Extremes.

I dont think there is anyway to tell which is which without some fancy equipment like an air gauge.

It's possible that it was a store exclusive for the stores they sold in? Scheels?

Does the model number have any additions, or penned in information on the box?

Busta, u must be clairvoyant. :D The gun I saw was at scheels. Nothing out of the ordinary on the box. Disc extreme regular code and a stainless serial number.

I think my buddy hunts with that, stainless, fluted, 50 Cal 'Extreme', black synthetic stock. No adverse issues that I see.

Latest posts

Back