Alliant BlackMZ being Discontinued?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsrocket1

Reaction score
I went by the big box Sporting Goods store and noticed the shelf with BlackMZ. The bottles had orange tags and the price of $9.99 on them. Is this powder being discontinued?

I know there will be some folks who say "you can't pay me to shoot that junk", but at < 1/2 the price of BH209 (now < 1/6 because they were selling 10 oz of BH209 for $35), it was a good powder to make smoke and noise and at least be fairly accurate if you put the time into developing loads.

There were 9 bottles left and I bought 3 of them. Maybe I should scoop the rest and at least be set for a couple of years.

I couldn't tell you on that, heck you can't even find it around my area. But really it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it, if you like it and use it, go buy the rest and save some $. :)

If it were being discontinued some one here would have heard. The store with the sale on has most likely drop it from what they intend to carry. I have never had access to any to try here in AR so they are either a small outfit or not pushing it.

Thanks. Either way, I won't be buying any more for a while. After leaving it over the weekend for others to buy, I picked up the last 7 pounds in the store and will store them in an airtight container for future use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsrocket1 said:
Thanks. Either way, I won't be buying any more for a while. After leaving it over the weekend for others to buy, I picked up the last 7 pounds in the store and will store them in an airtight container for future use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal! :yeah:

Back