Knight Vision

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shooting the Redemption made me think about the hammerless or strikerfire type of design. So I decided to shoot another gun with the similar design. The Knight Vision. This is an older Knight but I was told by a forum member that use to own it that it had been all redone by Knight and even had a new barrel.

I mounted a scope and off I go. This range session was one of the most frustrating ever but it turned out ok.
The gun rest wouldn't work. I couldn't get a field of view no matter what. I had brought a front Caldwell bag along and so I went that route . Or I attempted to.

The rear bag wouldn't give me enough elevation . Luckily I had a squeeze bag that is for my long range shooting. It was a perfect fit. One little sqeeze and it was right on

So now I'm ready. I went to pop a couple primers before I load. Hmmm... the gun won't close with the primer. Ok then. I switch primers. Still won't close. Well I figure the breechplug needs tightened up some but I didn't bring a wrench. Figures. So back to the house I go. I should have known right away that this was not going to be easy.:s4:

I tightened the breechplug . Still wouldn't close. I took it all the way out and saw some Teflon tape that had gotten down toward the front of the plug. I cleaned it off and just greased the plug and cranked it down tight. That did it. It fired . So I head back.

Heres a couple targets I didn't want to post all of them for space reasons.

Basically, first shot was not on paper. I'm at 50 yards.

Ok then I walk up to 13 yards and fire and it was one of the holes on the left side of the right target.

Ok I moved it 48 clicks right.

Go back to 50 and shoot. Not on paper.

Ok back to 13 yards.

A second one of the holes you see on the left of the right target. I figure I would go another 48 clicks and shoot from 80 yards.

Since 13 should be close to the poi at 80.
I got the hole on the top of the left target.

So down I go and right another 30 clicks. I thought for sure I would run out of adjustment to the right but I didn't. Now I was a little better.

Two more adjustment and I was close. By the way the hole in the top right target was the sabot at 13 yards.

After much messing around and adjusting the scope I shot just for groups and ended with this 3 shot group at 100 yards

I shot a whole container of Blackhorn just yesterday and today and my shoulder was starting to hurt quite a bit . The wind was 25 mph anyway so I figured that's good enough for now.

I was shooting 110 gr blackhorn, 250 gr shockwave with smooth black sabot and Winchester primers.
The session didn't start good and took a lot of scope adjustment but it ended alright at least and with some experimenting the Vision should be a good shooter. At least it grouped pretty good when all was said and done . I think it can be tightened up some with a little experimenting.

My Vision is only six months old and ready for the hardwoods. 200 gr 50/40 SSTs with 90 gr BH209. No recoil problems with that combo, out to 150 yards.

My Vision cuts holes at 100 yards with... a 300 grain Barnes in a HPH 24 behind 100 grains of BH. It loads very easy as well :)

I always liked the looks of that rifle. And once they were almost giving them away, price wise. I almost purchased one, but had so many rifles I didn't.

That scope sure had a lot of adjustment in it. I wonder why it was so off? I think the worst I had was on a LK-II I mounted a Simmons Pro Sport 4x and had to move it like 30 clicks one way. Now that final group sure looks good. Are you or have you shot any bloodlines out of that Knight Vision? I wonder how the rifle would like them?

cayuga said:
I always liked the looks of that rifle. And once they were almost giving them away, price wise. I almost purchased one, but had so many rifles I didn't.

That scope sure had a lot of adjustment in it. I wonder why it was so off? I think the worst I had was on a LK-II I mounted a Simmons Pro Sport 4x and had to move it like 30 clicks one way. Now that final group sure looks good. Are you or have you shot any bloodlines out of that Knight Vision? I wonder how the rifle would like them?
Im not sure why the scope was do far off . I was wondering if there would be enough adjustment. Actually thats the first time i shot it so i havent shot any bloodlines out of it. I think it will be a real nice gun but its not really my style .

Latest posts

Back