Custom build

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have decided to get a 1:18 Omega built . So to finance this project i just might have to part with some existing guns . If you run across someone looking for something let me know . I just might have something they want ( except cva's of course . I dont have any of them) i can hardly wait to get this omega build done :mrgreen: it will be a 1:18 Douglas barrel , Boyds laminate Thumbhole stock in Coyote brown .

1874sharpsshooter said:
I have decided to get a 1:18 Omega built . So to finance this project i just might have to part with some existing guns . If you run across someone looking for something let me know . I just might have something they want ( except cva's of course . I dont have any of them) i can hardly wait to get this omega build done :mrgreen: it will be a 1:18 Douglas barrel , Boyds laminate Thumbhole stock in Coyote brown .

Git 'er done! You didn't a 45 cal. but I know that is what is on your mind...

Keep us posted.. it will turn out great.
I'm still shooting my original John Rigby Match rifle 45, 1:18 that was built about 150 years ago - do it right and plan on yours being around that long as well..
I have built 3 Omega- 45 1:18; basically because no maker was interested (now Knight has one - go figure); the only thing I didn't like about the Omega is the triggers not being adjustable. You can polish to improve the pull or get lucky and find one that has a good trigger.
I've built 4 Knight 45 1:18 and I favor the (non-bolt) look of the Omega better - again I think you'll be pleased.
Are you going Octagon bbl?

The only think I know people have been asking me about are Super Disc 45 1:20, so if you have some let me know..

Good luck

Do you guys trim the trigger on the Omega? That was the only thing I didn't like about mine... the curve of the trigger. Seemed like if it was about 1/8" shorter in length (or just not curved so much) it would be about perfect. To me anyhow. Just curious.

1874 good luck on your build! :yeah:

That sounds like a nice build :yeah:

Looking forward to the range report :D

I just finished installing pillars/bedding my Boyds thumbhole for my McRem. Nice stock, easy to work with and a good fit. Nice color u picked out.

Thanks guys I think i am going to like it . The color was my second choice but my first choice colors they said were not available at this time :) . If I get the barrel black iced in a tan color it will be almost to pretty to shoot :mrgreen:

Id like a little more details on the build itself if you don't mind. Whose doing the build? smokeless or smoker?

03mossy said:
Id like a little more details on the build itself if you don't mind. Whose doing the build? smokeless or smoker?
Forum member here is doing the build, He can chime in if he wants anyone to know he is doing the build.. I plan on using it with Blackhorn .

1874sharpsshooter said:
03mossy said:
Forum member here is doing the build, He can chime in if he wants anyone to know he is doing the build.. I plan on using it with Blackhorn .

OK gotcha. I know who it is.

1874sharpsshooter said:
Thanks guys I think i am going to like it . The color was my second choice but my first choice colors they said were not available at this time :) . If I get the barrel black iced in a tan color it will be almost to pretty to shoot :mrgreen:

I haven't seen Hot Pink listed in awhile now. :p

GM54-120 said:
1874sharpsshooter said:

actually they had the pink

in high gloss above or standard below

this is what I really wanted

Thats funny..I am having a custom built now and I wanted the Zombie wood also and they had none ..I even called to see how long before they get it...she said unknown..but when it does come in I will get one..I ended with the apple..red an black..it looks nice...when I got the stock I opened it before sending off to builder and was really impressed with the wood color....

And the Pink was on my mind also..lol..I googled the pink boyds stock and looked at the images..was good looking....the zombie was real nice looking...

the applejack will do for now...there are so many of the camo and brown stocks out there wanted something different....will look good with the rest Black iced...

1874sharpsshooter said:
GM54-120 said:
1874sharpsshooter said:

actually they had the pink

in high gloss above or standard below

this is what I really wanted

That's funny, I'm having a Knight Stock being dipper by THE BIG DIPPER and it's MUDDDY GIRL Pink, sabotloader can post a picture of it when he picks it up.

I have been to a few matches and seen a lot of pink stocks in different variations..and they looked good..and men shooting them....you go to a gun show and so many selling AR platform rifles in pink and zombie green and selling like hot cakes..lol...

I think you will really like the Douglas barrel. Get a Prem XX if you have a choice. Its only a couple bucks more.

Back