White/Split Fire Sporting Goods

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White, MTI , split fire all great shooters. Was it Steve that was split fire or someone else, I am drawing a blank..

Is there a model you had in mind.
Steve

sbuff said:
White, MTI , split fire all great shooters. Was it Steve that was split fire or someone else, I am drawing a blank..

Is there a model you had in mind.
Steve
I thought for sure it was Steve because back then he was pretty much the exclusive distributor ifi remember right

I'm just looking for info on a rifle I bought. I paid way to much for, but it is very cool. Some of you may have seen it on Gunbroker. It is a White/Split Fire Sporting Goods/Christensen M97 with a 22 in. carbon fiber wrapped barrel. The gun has been fired. but it looks unfired (99%). I have never seen or heard of one before, so I just had to have it. will post pics asap.

Contact one of thedwbs. (dirty white boys) they know about all things white rifle and derivatives. W

I'm no expert at all but except for that carbon fiber barrel it should be the same as a model 97. I think that barrel makes it a bit lighter. Twist should be 1in 24. I have only shot conicals in my Whites but sabotloader and others have had good results with saboted bullets.

flounder said:
I'm no expert at all but except for that carbon fiber barrel it should be the same as a model 97. I think that barrel makes it a bit lighter. Twist should be 1in 24. I have only shot conicals in my Whites but sabotloader and others have had good results with saboted bullets.
Same here, I saw that White rifle on gunbroker, way out of my range, an I didn't know White made them either. You should have a great shooter fishhawk!!

I was going to say what toy truck n flounder said. I think I even posted the link on dwb. Glad ya got it, can't wait to see a shooting report.

Doc may be able to answer more question is you said it was a Christiansen arms carbon fiber model 97.

You could email steve brown too, or search for underclocked on this board or dwb board.

I did post on it at dwb, I emailed the seller about the breech as it looked a bit rusty but never heard from him.

I've owned and kept up Whites for over 21 years, and remember that rifle being offered. Bob's Guns and Tackle had one on display (For Sale) for several years, but was way out of what I would want to pay.

What do you need to know about it?

It was a rifle listed in the Catalog at one time, but I am sure there are only a few out there, only due to the high price. The reports I read on them were they were good shooters, but what White isn't?

The rifle was a Model 97 Whitetail Hunter labeled as the "Odyssey" in the last year or so. It had the Carbon fiber wrapped barrel and a laminated thumbhole stock.

There were other previous Models that had the carbon wrapped barrels over the years, but I think they are very limited.

You have a unique piece for sure. Not many out there.

Been out of town for 4 day's. Thanks for all the info. It answers most of my questions. I'll try to contact Steve at White Rifles for the rest. Pic's to follow shortly.

Back