another 1:20

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a disc that was a 1:30 with a Laminate Boyds stock on it and I never shot it . Needless to say the more I thought about it the more I thought the stock would look better on a 1:20. So I made the switcheroo, then I robbed the glass off of a different rifle that I use for long range practice. It's a Vortex 6.5 x 20 scope. I had +20MOA burris inserts. I took them out and put 0's in. I wish now that I had left the +20 . It would have been about dead on with them in. But I still have 45moa adjustment so it's ok/

Then I sighted it in at 100 yards. I didn't bother taking pics of the process .

I also shot up all my 200 gr sst's and all my 260 Dead centers this week along with 4 containers of blackhorn ::)

so I guess I will have to shoot roundball guns till I can get something to feed the fast twist 45. Or shoot some 50 cal guns,

But here is the Knight 1:20 disc with Boyds stock, Lehigh nfpj plug ,and vortex scope. The only downside is the stock isn't a Thumbhole :(

The first photo is a left hand rifle. I'm not a lefty, but I bet there are some out there who wish they did make such a rifle..

52Bore said:
The first photo is a left hand rifle. I'm not a lefty, but I bet there are some out there who wish they did make such a rifle..
Thats weird because its a right handed gun . The first photo is the same gun as the other photos , now you got me puzzled .

Its like a reversed negative. the picture just got flipped. remember the old film cameras? you would always get the negatives back with the film, if you look through the wrong way, everything is mirror image reversed

Squeeze said:
Its like a reversed negative. the picture just got flipped. remember the old film cameras? you would always get the negatives back with the film, if you look through the wrong way, everything is mirror image reversed
Ok thanksthat must have happened somehow on photobucket . As long as im not losing my mind . I couldnt figure out what the deal was .

chet1.jpg

chet2.jpg

I see it has a NFPJ adapter installed. Glad you found it. :D

BTW which Boyds stock is it? Is it one of the plunger gun stocks that has been modified for a DISC bolt handle or is it one of the Knight offerings?

GM54-120 said:
I see it has a NFPJ adapter installed. Glad you found it. :D

BTW which Boyds stock is it? Is it one of the plunger gun stocks that has been modified for a DISC bolt handle or is it one of the Knight offerings?
it was an original Knight offering that came with the Disc 1:30 The gun was found by MD in a gunshop in NM. I only bought it because he told me it was a 1:20. I didn't check the serial number til I got it. Turned out it was a 1:30. I ended up keeping it and now years later I switched stocks. I only knew it was a Boyd's because the recoil pad says boyds. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back