Optima v2 pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Reaction score
So who has a CVA optima v2 pistol? How do you like it? Do they make a model with open sights? They look like they would be a ton of fun.

Ive got one like it alot, its as accurate as any rifle with 200 gr. Shockwaves.. only gripe I had with the gun was the tabs on the grip behind the trigger dug into my hand when shooting, had to take a dremel and flatten them out..going to try Blackhorn in it before the season gets here and see how it does.. my buddy has one and shoots 2 777 pellets out of his with the 200 gr. Shockwave and has killed 3-4 deer with it..its got some recoil with the pellets. I believe you can get open sights for them.

Does the breech plug that comes with it work with B209?

I have a pile of .40 cal 200 grain sst blems along with the 50/40 sabots. My Omega hates this combo, has any one tried these in a CVA?

03mossy said:

I have a pile of .40 cal 200 grain sst blems along with the 50/40 sabots. My Omega hates this combo, has any one tried these in a CVA?

IIRC that is a load Busta really likes in his Optima pistol. One of these days i may have to break down and buy one. Really wish they offered a 45cal.

viewtopic.php?t=20984

03mossy said:

I found one back in March, in like new condition for basically half price. I really like mine, the grip does dig into my hand some around the trigger guard, but not enough to bother me. I shoot 70gr. blackhorn with a CVA BH QRBP, you will have to buy that separate as the regular plug comes with the gun is only designed for pellets. So far 300gr. XTP's in a Harvester crushrib sabot are the most accurate for me.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26858

The idea to get the optima pistol got knocked down the toy list. I took the money and ordered a nice stock for my trusty Omega. Someday I'll get one. They just look like too much fun not to own one.

Latest posts

Back