Scorpion PT Gold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reviews I've read using neighborhood 100 grains of powder have been good for the PT Gold holding up. One of my top-3 best economical copper-clad bullets out there, when purchased in bulk. Harvester people have mentioned a possibility of a 200 gr 40-cal version coming for 50-cal rifles, but it's still missing from their lineup card.

That's the one I'm waiting for. Much like the Shockwave/SST, I feel the best of the bunch is the 200 gr version. Less complaints on that smaller one, versus the SST/Shockwavwe 250-300 grains.

They offered a 40-200gr funnel point for years and then quit. It was the exact same bullet that Rainier used to sell.

Aren't PT Gold bullets actually plated with copper over lead than a traditional cup & core bullet, and therefore not prone to separation? That was my understanding. I have some of the 300gr Scorpion PT Gold .45cal, and they shoot well on paper. I haven't recovered any spent rounds though.

Heading to the range in a few minutes. I'll see if I can dig one up from the bank.

IMG_0574.JPG

The photo shows the PT next to a Deep Curl. Note how the plating of the PT bullet has peeled off, whereas the Deep Curl has zero separation. The 260g PT was recently tested here.

Latest posts

Back