Bloodline 45 Cal 200 Grain

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tom sent 40 of these bullet. Now there are 38 left, and we cannot use them for hunting because of regulation. Perhaps someone could use 30 of them, and can hunt using them. One was shot through the standard set of carpet, shelf, and jugs 26 yard out. The load was 80g Blackhorn.

The petals broke off in the front jug, and there are 4 or five small holes in the back of the jug where they came out. One of the petals was found glistening in the sunshine off to the side of the horse. The first two jugs were mostly shredded; the bullet penetrated all the jugs, plus an additional milk jug placed at the end. The phone book forced the bullet stay in the milk jug even though it punched an exit hole shown in the photo.

200bloodline2.jpg

IMG_0761.JPG

If you still have them I'd like to give them a try. I've been shooting Barnes 195s out of my 45s like to see how they shoot. Can use them in my state.

I shot a nice buck a 9 point running by scared by an other hunter. I hit him in the left hind ham just in front of the bone and the bullet ended up in the right front shoulder breaking the bone and stopping against the skin. The whole insides were jelled the deer when a few yards then plowed dirt with his nose. The next year I took a doe at 135 yd. and she dropped right there. I find them very impressive.

Latest posts

Back