250g XTP--50g Blackhorn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This bullet was found today whilst looking for the big wheel weight bullet. It was shot through the carpet, plywood, and jugs on July 11. Range was 25 yard. Powder charge was 50g Blackhorn. It never expanded, and my assumption is the carpet, and plywood plugged the hollow. This seems to be an issue with low powder charges. The video shows very little water flying away out of the jugs. At the time i wondered why the phone book didn't slow the bullet down, but i see in the video, they were sleeping on the job. The bullets pictured, both weigh exactly 250 grain.

IMG_1017.JPG

Ron, PM me your address . I use Barnes 155gr Tac-XP 10mm bullets and added polymer Spitfire tips that I got from Barnes. I use them with the blue Harvester sabots for my grandson'd Knight ml with 50 grains of BH209. It would be interesting to send you a couple to see how they do.

Here it is on the right compared to the Barnes 300gr and 250gr Spitfires.

We all basically know this is not how a typical 250 XTP operates. XTPs, SSTs (when on sale) and Harvester Golds are the best (mass produced) bang for under 50 cents.

TripleSe7en said:
We all basically know this is not how a typical 250 XTP operates...........
No we all don't. It is my experience that soft point bullets, hollow point bullets, and tipped bullets do not work when driven by small amounts of powder, or are traveling at low speed because of long range. This particular XTP is the norm, when pushed by only 50g of powder, not the exception.

Latest posts

Back