White Super 91 .451

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been awhile since I casted these bullets for Hoytflinger, but today I made it to the range with my White M98 and a bunch of loads to try these Big 520-522gr conicals with. I forget who recommended to me to use 65gr oif 777-3F, but it worked beautifully! It was the only load I shot with these bullets and I think you will all agree that 65gr of 777-3F behind a 520-522gr conical is the perfect match for a White with a 1-20in twist bbl.

I included a picture of the bullets I made along with the 5 shot group at 100yds as well as the specs and mold name from Accurate Molds in the event someone whats to make their own bullets. From the outer extreme edges the group measured 1.25". I think these bullets would be enough to put down a elephant.

Sweet! Thanks again Ed and am glad to see they group well. Got me hankering to get mine out. That's a .8" group by benchrest measurements. Sub MOA with big hunks of lead.

That bullet shoots great? Good shooting Ed. That thing should hit like runaway freight train! :shock: 8)

Now all you two need is a hunting trip to Jurassic Park! :lol:

8) 8) Now give your M97 .451 with 22" barrel a try an see how it shoot those big boys...if your grandson will let you that is! :yeah:

toytruck said:
8) 8) Now give your M97 .451 with 22" barrel a try an see how it shoot those big boys...if your grandson will let you that is! :yeah:

The next time to the range I'll bring my M97 and see what it can do as I have a few of them big boys left. I'll just have to sneak it to the range while my grandson is at school and clean it up before he gets home. :lol:

Well as Toytruck requested while my grandson was at school, :wink: I took his M97 to the range to those big 520gr conicals. Shooting the same load 65gr of 777-3F got my attention a little more then shooting the M98. I was quite please to see I got basically the same size group. I then tried 60gr of 777-3F and the recoil felt about the same as compared to shooting the M98. Somehow I guess I cracked under pressure and blew the one shot. :oops: But either load I would be quite happy with. I think with that bullet any North American game would be DRT when hit by these big boys.

Now I got to clean my grandsons M97 and put it away before he realizes I took it out. :D

On the 45-510 m what does the m stand for I'm sure that's a stupid question and I'm thinking its probably muzzloader but I'm not sure.

edmehlig said:
Well as Toytruck requested while my grandson was at school, :wink: I took his M97 to the range to those big 520gr conicals. Shooting the same load 65gr of 777-3F got my attention a little more then shooting the M98. I was quite please to see I got basically the same size group. I then tried 60gr of 777-3F and the recoil felt about the same as compared to shooting the M98. Somehow I guess I cracked under pressure and blew the one shot. :oops: But either load I would be quite happy with. I think with that bullet any North American game would be DRT when hit by these big boys.

Now I got to clean my grandsons M97 and put it away before he realizes I took it out. :D

Good shootin Ed! I still haven't got mine out yet. Been building a 308 AR.

Fmfdred56 said:
On the 45-510 m what does the m stand for I'm sure that's a stupid question and I'm thinking its probably muzzloader but I'm not sure.

Yep you guessed it M = Muzzleloader.

Hoytflinger, you GOT to set some time aside and shoot them big boys for yourself.

Man that bullet shoots! :yeah: Great shooting Ed!

Thank you iv been looking at the 52-510 m that they offer seems like it would be a good option...

8) Great shootin Ed!! I was hoping the 2" shorter barrel wouldn't make a difference. I'm gonna take my M97 out next month to tweak will give some of your 460gr conicals a go after I get the scope on paper. My 80gr. load in the Super 91 might be a tad too hot for the M97 shorter barrel. I really like that group with 65gr. can't argue with that for sure!!

Jeff, where have you been? Thanks for the complement, but I'm sure you could post some targets that you have shot with your trashcans and your 50cal Magnum! :lol:

I'm still around, Ed, just don't post much these days. I do enjoy reading about various new rifles, and what they can do nowadays. I keep my .50 Super 91s tuned up, and the cobwebs out of them. :wink: Looks like you have a great bullet worked up!

I am thinking about getting out of the black powder game. Might be putting this rifle and accurate bullet mold up for sale if there is any interest. I have never shot this rifle and the only time the mold has been used is when I shipped it to Ed to cast me some.

Latest posts

Back