shot a yote with my omega.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerlover

Reaction score
I purchased this rifle off someone on this forum a few months back, put a tally one piece and a redfield sabot reticle scope on it, thing is a tack driver. Ive settled on a load of 250 grain hornady flex tip 450 bushmaster (.452) bullets, black harvester crush rib sabots, and 110 grains of BH209. dialed it in quick with 1" groups at 100, stepped back to 200, with the 2nd reticle i drilled a bullseye with 2 shots. So I take it out opening day, I'm sitting about 18 ft up in this hang on, I'm watching this big body deer walk by me at 20 yards right at first light. He had 3 broken antlers and was only a 4 pt, I already shot a 9er with my bow so I was passing on him, all the sudden he stops and looks over to my right, I turn and look to see what he's looking at and sure as **** its this coyote, This thing is directly behind me, 25 yards. Luckily I had my harness on, I'm twisted around this tree 180 degrees for the shot, put the cross hairs right on the yote, who was frozen, squeezed one off, got scoped in the face because of how i was holding the gun lol, anyway it wasn't very bad, the smoke cleared and the thing dropped, was complete dead by the time the smoke was gone.

I did purchase a knight .52 disc extreme, I bought a knight look through scope mount on ebay and a burris drop tine 50 mm scope for it. This set up is large and heavy. I bought some .458 300 grain barnes boat tail SOCOM bullets,(might try these out of this omega too) and 325grain flex tip honorary, and I got the 275 grain blood lines, 375 grain (.475 dia) copper bullets. The only bullets I've tried so far are the 325 grain hornady, had them shooting about 2" groups at 100 yards. really want to try the barnes, but its hard for me to go away from the Omega, and I've grabbed it every time I go hunting. excited to dial this knight in a bit better over the summer. let me know if anyone has any tips for on the 52 cal loads and bullets.

Attachments

• 12250154_10103489944205752_7522019662586477086_n.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 397
Congrads on the yote! I would love to get a chance at one this year.

Looks like a good sized coyote, won't get any bigger though. :D Good shooting.

Congrats on the Dog.

I seem to see plenty of those when I'm deer hunting. As I kid, I'd shoot'em and look for deer later. Now , they walk until the der tags are filled.

Maybe this year I'll score on both.

Back