SWFA sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Looks like Knight isn't the only one having a sale - Starts Friday
Looking at another SWFA and noticed a sale like they had last year. $40 off + free rings and level= $115 value.

Do you recommend them? I was looking hard at their 10x42 but then realized that the guys I know who bought them last year had since gone with different scopes.

SWFA out of TX is a fine company, they sell about anything scope/sight related. I have bought a few over the years from them.

I see the inbox is alive with 'black Friday' offers, 10-15% here, free shipping there. Most end up deleted, but they do snag me a few times. I'm not interested at fighting crowds, plus I have to work all day too. Of course what I may be interested in isn't available at the average big box store anyway.

Upper Hand said:
Do you recommend them? I was looking hard at their 10x42 but then realized that the guys I know who bought them last year had since gone with different scopes.
Yes; I have a 10x and 16x on 2 different rifles. Need another for another rifle. Depending on what you want to do the fixed may or may not be for you. 50yds in the woods would not be for one of these fixed..
You should ask the guys you know who bought them why they changed?
Please remember that there are MANY good scopes on the market, for me I've always been a Leupold fan and I do like some Vortex's I've seen recently... I did recently buy a Vortex spotting scope after looking thru one compared to my old Unertl.
The SWFA have large easy to read dials along with clear lenses. I like the adjustment near my eye vs on the objective. These fixed also have a lot of elevation adjustment.
Good luck

Do you know off the top of you head what height rings to get with the SWFA SS 10x42 on an EGW rail?

Upper Hand said:
Do you know off the top of you head what height rings to get with the SWFA SS 10x42 on an EGW rail?
I don't use a rail, but with only a 42mm objective the low one 'should' clear the barrel. If I'm not mistaken the 10x has 120-150MOA.
For the money, it's a pretty nice scope.

Barry and Bob W. are currently trying to steer me towards Vortex in a similar thead on Facebook.

52Bore said:
You should ask the guys you know who bought them why they changed?

One said his wasn't repeatable, sent it in to get fixed but lost confidence in it and switched.

You probably will not go wrong with a Vortex, not sure of $ but the one's I like are 2-3x the SWFA.
Like I said, there are many good scopes..

Back